Ok I've been trying to get these pinch/natural harmonics off for a while now and I just can't get them so i'm beginning to wonder if i'm doing something wrong.. I try using the flesh of my thumb when i strike the string but i end up just kinda palm muting the sound or it just sounds normal..am i supposed to strike the string 12 frets up on the fretboard or where i normally pick the strings. cuz ive been trying the harmonics where i pick the strings over the pickups..help plz???
\.../ Thnx for any help.
R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan
"And the light you left remains.." (So far Away, Nightmare, A7X)

Fav Bands:
1) A7X
2) Burn Halo
3) Stone Sour
4) Disturbed
5) Black Label Society
There are 'hamonic nodes' down the string where you can strike. You have to experiment to find them. On strat-type guitars, it's above the middle pickup.

What I do is I don't actually hit it with my thumb, I pluck the string with a pick, and on it's first swing, it hits my thumb. This partially limits its motion and sounds a harmonic.
Kristofer Dahl shows how do to pinch harmonics in one of his vids...can't remember which one though. Look through them and you'll find it...probably :P
dont use so much thumb. choke up a little less.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
i tryed that but it seems like then their isnt enough to mute the string(choke up on the thumb)..isnt it supposed to strike like immediately after?
R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan
"And the light you left remains.." (So far Away, Nightmare, A7X)

Fav Bands:
1) A7X
2) Burn Halo
3) Stone Sour
4) Disturbed
5) Black Label Society
Take the 4th string, fret down on the 7th (for example cause it's fairly easy there). Then try doing a pinched harmonic up and down the area above the pickups. If you can't do it then your technique with your right hand isn't right. Are you keeping your thumb on the strings after you struck it?