I was looking on musician's friend, and these pedals are the same price, same knobs and effects, and are made by the same company. What's the difference between the Rat 2 and TurboRAT?
I'd guess that the turbo rat has more distortion, although i have the rat 2 and ts perfectly fine.
I totally agree, in my opinion you can't go wrong with a ProCo Rat pedal. Excellent distortion and very easy to dial in. I bought a ProCo Rat 2 for my buddy for his 21st birthday a few years ago, and he and his bandmates think it sounds amazing.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Vintage Rat reissue is the best of the bunch, IMO.

Indeed. I own one and it sounds awesome and very warm compared to the RAT 2. If you can get a grip on one of those (they aren't being made anymore), buy it instantly. You won't regret it

- J.
It took me two years to find that I've wasted five years of my life

Proud Laney VH100R owner!
^ Yep. Found one for about $40 used about 7-8 years ago and love it. Good on not devouring batteries, too, which is a plus since normal power supplies don't fit it.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
^ Yep. Found one for about $40 used about 7-8 years ago and love it. Good on not devouring batteries, too, which is a plus since normal power supplies don't fit it.

is there a mod to make a normal 9v fit in it btw?
It took me two years to find that I've wasted five years of my life

Proud Laney VH100R owner!
that might be intersting, fisrt you get a ducetone rat (includes all types), then you check out which Rat type you like the most and after that bring the ducetone back to the shop and buy the Rat, which tone (type) has proved to be good in the ducetone, but only in a separate box. I wanted to do so myself, but the duce tone had some brocken contacts inside and the salesman took it off the show case. So under such circomstatce I was forced to buy a Turbo Rat. Although didn't like it too much, I can say it was a very good pedal, just not in my taste and I brought it back, for the sake of trying out someting else like the Rat 2.
I've bought a Deucetone Rat. It gives 13 variants of different Rat sounds, like, vintage, turbo, dirty, clean and cascade combinations. Two channels allow you to play 2 guitars at a time. But still, my Maxon 830 proved to be much better, so I'm thinking about ordering a Rat 3-way Keeley mod.