Hi,

My dad is currently working in the usa and is after a laptop. I want him to get one so i can have when i come back but im not sure what is available over in the us plus he can take advantage of the good dollar to pound rate. Im looking for something thats no more than probably $1300 is suitable for gaming. Ive looked at the dell xps m1210 which looks good but any advice?

Cheers
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Umm he probably wants a 15.4" screen then, 14" laptops suck for gaming. So I suggest Dell Inspiron 6400, can customize with ATI x1600 graphx and core 2 duo processor . The XPS 1210 is a 12" so the screen sucks for gaming.
Have a look at some of the HP models.

If he can find one, see how much the 9022ea is over there.

We sell one at the staples in the UK i work at, so imagine the US will have one in somewhere. Should be a lot cheaper there too.

Specs are here
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
Do not get a dell. HPs, Toshibas, Sonys are good, but stay away from Dell and Compaq.

Gaming specs- probably at least 1 GB of RAM at least 100 GB HDD, and probably some sort of upgraded graphics card, but I don't know anything about those.
Quote by Gofishus
Umm he probably wants a 15.4" screen then, 14" laptops suck for gaming. So I suggest Dell Inspiron 6400, can customize with ATI x1600 graphx and core 2 duo processor . The XPS 1210 is a 12" so the screen sucks for gaming.

I would hold off on the Dell laptops for now, especially Inspiron. They had some pretty rough battery issues a few months back, now they are getting sued for defective motherboards.

Source:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/12/inspiron_defect_lawsuit/
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/08/14/dell_laptop_recall/

I would go with Alienware, they've always been fairly solid gaming laptops.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤