Can I use a guitar through a bass amp? I know it probably wont sound good but will it do any damage?
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
Kyuss/early Queens of the Stone Age used to do it for the heavy, bassy tone, I believe.

I cant imagine it'd be any good for lead guitar, and you'd have to have the EQ set pretty treble-heavy to get any clarity, but I figure it's doable.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
From what I heard you don't damage a bass amp with a guitar, however you could damage a guitaramp with a bass, and for the tone it's really good if you're playing blues because you get a very "deep" bassy sound.
what about bass plug to pc or to speakers . i have guitar amp I'm guitarist and i want to buy a bass guitar to my collection and i have only money for the guitar .
Quote by poboomster
what about bass plug to pc or to speakers . i have guitar amp I'm guitarist and i want to buy a bass guitar to my collection and i have only money for the guitar .

That would probably work if you have a subwoofer otherwise i don't know. I'm geussing it might blow the speakers out.
yeah youll **** over your speakers, subwoofer or not. and you can ruin your sound card. just buy like a $100 bass off ebay and get a little 15 watter for it. that what im planning on doing soon.
I haven't blown anything.

...haha. Sexual innuendo.

I meant that I've played my bass through my laptop, which obviously has less power, but didn't do any damage. I've also played my bass through a guitar amp, and it didn't do anything...but whatever. What do I know?