So, i have a performance to go towards my music coursework in a few months and i need a song to play. I'm doing alternative music from the '90s onwards and i was wondering if any of you could give us a few songs that'd be able to show of how good i can play. I play fairly well and would probably be able to play most songs posted here.

Thanks!
Quote by .~*KoRn*~.
whats the difference between a black man and a pizza...

A PIZZA CAN FEED A FAMILY!

If youre going for alternative, you should have something grunge, i.e. Nirvana or Alice in Chains, but if youre thinking something to really show your ability, I agree that GNR has a ton of great lines
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by .~*KoRn*~.
whats the difference between a black man and a pizza...

A PIZZA CAN FEED A FAMILY!

Racist !
Looking for a new sig!
some smashing pumpkins. here is no why is a good song.

and Edit: lolz0rz Korn good one. i cant help but show my weakness for racist jokes.
this is my sig. there are many like it, but this is mine.

Brown Sugar
Last edited by 2ndslash at Jan 11, 2007,
Quote by almighty_dylan
anyway...

yea, how about some pixies? some of their stuff is just about in the 90's

Ooh, forgot about the pixies. Guitar lines are fairly simple so might not be great for showing off, but they fit the genre pretty well. And btw, I met Frank Black at a Christmas/New Years party at the end of last year. Hes kinda getting pudgy and bald, and his real name's Charles... Kinda lame, I gotta say
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
90s alternative, and you want to show off your skills, good luck with that. Maybe you could go with some Dream theater or something.