Ok guys, I have this e-machine. I got it from a friend(brand new) because he owned me some money and my other one doesn't work anymore after it got hit by lightning.

I went out and bought this radeon graphics card(can't remember which one it was, it was about $150 at walmart), a better sound card, a 250gb external harddrive, a 60gb external harddrive just for music, and a 250 internal harddrive. The thing is, the internal harddrive won't fit into the e-machine tower. So I'm going to buy a tower off of eBay. The question is, how do I know if it will fit in the towers on eBay?

Also, to play games like company of heros and call of duty(pretty much any newer fps games) what motherboard should I get? I'm really wanting to get a new motherboard for the computer as well.
go to a store, like Comp USA or something. look at towers and find one u like and will fir the harddrive you bought. get the name of it and search for it on ebay. or just buy it at the store.
GAS List:
Nothing
Hmm, what size is the HDD you bought? Most towers should come with both a 3.5" and 5" space drive slots, so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

And as far as the motherboard goes, i have my eye on this one personally.

Asus Crosshair
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
Don't buy a case off Ebay, cases aren't expensive and you really need to touch/feel to decide.

I build gaming rigs as a "painfully fun hobby", here are some suggestions:

Case: Get a Midtower ATX (motherboard form factor) case, you can find something very nice for $50-$100.

Motherboard: This is based on the processor brand and graphics card interface: In other words you need to determine if your graphics card is an AGP or PCI express (PCIe) and whether your processor is Intel or AMD.

I prefer PCIe and AMD setups so assuming this you could use the ABIT KN8-SLI board effectively...allows for easy future upgrading, strong performance and modest price. If your processor is Intel ask a rep to recommend something similar for Intel processor.

I am also assuming you know what you're doing in terms of putting it together, so be sure the ram is current. Playing COH and other heavy graphics FPS games will require at least a 256mb graphics card...hopefully your Radeon has this much...if not augment the setup be making sure you load the motherboard with (at minimum) 1gb of DDR2 quality ram...I'd go for 2gb frankly.

Hope this helps

Good luck
It MUST fit unless you bought some really funky space harddrive
If you dont have space you could take out the floppy drive and put in the extra hard drive. Floppy drives are becoming useless now that USB memory sticks have came into the frame. Also, watch your power supply. If you add too many new things, you may be overloading it with power and it can cause real damage.
Quote by MattIgoe0108
Hmm, what size is the HDD you bought? Most towers should come with both a 3.5" and 5" space drive slots, so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

And as far as the motherboard goes, i have my eye on this one personally.

Asus Crosshair

I have that motherboard. It's not a crosshair but it OWNS.

EDIT: Oh wait I don't have that Mobo, I have the wireless edition of it. It OWNS even more.