After I get a new amp I'll immediately start saving up for a new guitar, and I reckon £400 is a resonable price for me to pay, so what's the best for the price? Obviously it's a bit of a stupid qestion, because everyone's opinion will be different, but I wanna see what everyone thinks individually.

I want good solid metal guitar (genre not material ), maybe a floyd rose but i dunno about that, decent pickups but i'll probably change them after a while. I've been looking at Dean Explorer's and ML Noir XT's, but I'm not limiting myself to one brand...What do you guys reckon?
Funny words.
take a look at some shecters, they're very good for a brand that's a little more obscure.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Be creful if your gunna get a floyd. It could be either the best or worst descision you have ever made. The problem is that because they float, they can swing back if you palm mute too hard and raite the pitch of the strings makeing your guitar sound out of tune. Also they can be a challange to set up if you have never had expirience of one, they are also a pain to change tuneings. But if you wanna do crazy dimebombs and stuff like that there is no other way (apart from khaler trems witch are rare and cost a fortune)

EDIT: All of the above guitars are great, you should look at some others by the same manufature. and when you see a few you really like try them out... if you want... i don't wanna sound pushy
Last edited by [I Buy Peace] at Jan 11, 2007,

That Ibanez beautiful, but would it feel like a strat? because personally i just don't like the feel of Strat's, mainly the necks...

And the Jackson RR series are awesome, I've only been able to play one for a very short time, but my mate is getting an RR5 soon so I'll have a go on his and see what I think.

And Schecter's are basically a no-go really, I would have liked a Hellraiser FR, but it's a bitch finding them in the UK.
Funny words.
a bit over budget but fantastic guitar all the same, active emg's,mahogany body, beautiful finsh, and the mg's will osund great through a tube amp
http://www.soundcontrol.co.uk/mod_1/pages/mod_1.12/pages/mod_1.12.1/pages/mod_1.12.1.1/pages/index.php?sku=1.1.1.1.1-64-296
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Last edited by chris24789 at Jan 11, 2007,
You can get a Jackson RR3 Randy Rhoads for about £400. Although the Duncan designed pickups aren't the best in the world they're still miles better than most stock pickups; plus you can always upgrade them at a later date

http://www.imuso.co.uk/images/Product/EG01447.jpg
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man

That Ibanez beautiful, but would it feel like a strat? because personally i just don't like the feel of Strat's, mainly the necks...

And the Jackson RR series are awesome, I've only been able to play one for a very short time, but my mate is getting an RR5 soon so I'll have a go on his and see what I think.

And Schecter's are basically a no-go really, I would have liked a Hellraiser FR, but it's a bitch finding them in the UK.

The Ibanez will feel nothing like a strat, very fast neck on the one above

The RR3 is nothing like the RR5, the rr3 is still pretty good though, you may want to consider saveing up for a RR5 though. I am the very proud owner of one. Look at more Jacksons too
yeh thats one of very few shops in the UK that sell schecters, i am consider gettin a schecter for my next guitar
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Well if I wasn't going for a tremolo equipped guitar, are there any decent Dean guitars in my price range? I've heard pretty good things about them...
Funny words.
Get one of PRS SE range, great guitars, really decent pickups and a neck that is suprisingly fast and comfortable to play
my guess is washburn x40 or 50 pro, or ibanez rg1570.

or gordon smith, but the ones that come in under £400 only have one pickup, and no paint. They aren't terribly metal either.

But they kick copious amounts of ass.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?