Basically all I need is comfirmation.

My sweeping technique is sloppy so I slowed my metronome down to 60 bpm and began to slowly sweep 8th note triplets to get my left hand technique better.

I noticed that as I do the sweeping motion the pick like it bounces off the string much like I was picking instead of sweeping.

On the downsweep, I motion my left hand in a strumming fashion but it feels like I am picking the string not sweeping over it.

On the upsweep, I motion my hand in a strumming fashion and it also feels like I am picking.

The point is, I know consciously I am not picking each string individually but it feels like I am slightly.

At higher speeds I dont notice it but at lower speeds I notice.

Am I noticing string resistence due to slowe speeds or am I infact picking the string?

Edit: I push the pick through the strings with my wrist not elbow, and I do it as if I was strumming a chord very slowly.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I think I do this same thing when sweeping at very slow speeds. I try removing as much pressure from the pick and almost exaggerating the sweeping motion in order to get it down, but it feels like I'm picking the notes as well.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
^ ah thanks, Im not alone then. I was getting paranoid that I had been sweeping wrong (bad grammar) all this time.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I push the pick through the strings with my wrist not elbow, and I do it as if I was strumming a chord very slowly.

That's how to sweep pick anyway. =P Keep that technique.
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
--Stephen Roberts
yeah, when you do it slowly you have to keep up the force over a greater amount of time. dont let up the pressure; keep it constant accross all the strings with your wrist anchored.

i can tell you that you're practicing properly; slowing down to a snail's pace and isolating the flaws of your technique is the best way to rectify them
Quote by Chaos Guitar
im great at sweeping but horrible at pinch harmonics