Ok so this is going to be my first post.

The name is Silvik for anyone who cares.

Ok so I have built two guitars, a Saga Strat, pretty good right out of the box, ill upgrade in the future, it was just to get me started. A complete custom, body similar to a reversed Explorer, and three humbuckers to Gibson PAF’s and a Zebra, sounds good having some wiring issues at the moment.

Now, to the current project, I am in the process of building a very unique “V” similar to Ed Roman’s 3DV, mahogany body quilted maple top, to active humbuckers a QDD 24 fret neck w/ rose inlay, and a Floyd Rose bridge, (still debating between single or double locking)

I will begin shortly (in a week or so) and I will be taking pictures. I would like to thank Maiden for giving me a burst idea from one color to a darker color (the Jackson he did), and thank you Bones420 for the idea on how to burst it (his Saga Les Paul).

I’m going to do a green to a dark green/black, my hard ware is all black so this should look really good. Any responses so far are welcome, can’t wait to start.

Where can i post my pictures for free, so that i can link them to here?
Photobucket, Freewebs, anyother ideas?

Thanks
Silvik
piczo and myspace.. got any links to pics of your guitars?

I put my tobacco under my upper lip, just like anyone would do.

Yamaha RGX A2, Fender FM 212R.
stick with photobucket. probably the best option. Looking forward to seeing this one
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
i havent seen a V i would buy other than the oridinal shape, but it sounds good, upload them on photobucket.com, then its dead easy, and there are no limits as to how many you can have, but they can be arsey about bandwidth usage if too many ppl are lookin at them

"You're a MESS!"
Well there seems to be a demand for pictures of my older guitars, as well as my current project, i will take some pictures tommorow and upload them just please remember that i have learned alot when it comes to guitar building, and this guitar will be much better then the ones i have already built.

Thanks for the encouragement
OK, dont take this wrong but:

The finish on th strat looks like someone with diarrhea took a shit on it, then smeared it all over the guitar and baked it on. No offense but that honestly looks hideous. The headstock, is severly out of place. You cant use a krylon crackle finish and then do some off the wall, hack where you please, gothic headstock. It just dont fit.

Now for the other one. The wood work is good. Some of your routes look like shit but theyre probably covered up. The channel routed into the back looks retarded. What, do you have a complete back cavity cover? Its not a traditional design and that gets me. Im all for going against the crowd but thats a little out there.

But hey in the end its all about what you like. Just thought I would give you my opinion.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
OK, dont take this wrong but:

The finish on th strat looks like someone with diarrhea took a shit on it, then smeared it all over the guitar and baked it on. No offense but that honestly looks hideous. The headstock, is severly out of place. You cant use a krylon crackle finish and then do some off the wall, hack where you please, gothic headstock. It just dont fit.

Now for the other one. The wood work is good. Some of your routes look like shit but theyre probably covered up. The channel routed into the back looks retarded. What, do you have a complete back cavity cover? Its not a traditional design and that gets me. Im all for going against the crowd but thats a little out there.

But hey in the end its all about what you like. Just thought I would give you my opinion.

yeah i know the head stock is out of place on the strat, and i really wish i could redo it. i like the look of the crackle it rust didnt turn out right because i couldnt find black on red i think that would have gone with the headstock, dont you.

As for the other one it was s senior project and i have an acrylic peice of plastic. so that the people grading it could see what i did, one of the pickups lost connection so i need to do it again. and well yeah im working on it. and i need to lift the pickups a little bit because they are flush with the body which gives great sustain, but somewhat muddy sound. also need to ground everything a littlebit better.

As for all of that i think im going to recarve the head stock, and possibly do another finish. because it does need it.

Im hoping to make this next one very professional, but time will tell, if this doesnt come out that well then ill just start buying real guitars. lol, well maybe.

until next time
Silvik
The strat headstock reminds me of a horse mouth/nose thing.
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
It's always impressive to build a guitar from scratch! Maybe the next project, you can cut back on removing too much wood or routing those long deals for the wires.

Can you post your design ideas for the new build?

Good Luck!
Quote by phlowtron23
Whats the difference between a single and a double locking Floyd Rose?

The floyd rose double locking system is the traditional design, there're 2 locks of the system: one is the locking nut, the other one is the locking saddles, there is a small steel locking block in each saddle, you need to cut off the ball end of the string and put it in.

The floyd rose single locking system is the newer design, there's only one lock of the system: the locking nut. No locks in saddles anymore, just lead your strings through the hollow screws on the saddles without cutting off the ball end.

So a single locking Floyd Rose is similar to a fender style tremlo with a locking nut, but is said to offer more tunning stability because of its design.
i think the strat looks fantastic,including the headstock.

the explorer looks quite good too (not my thing though) but the routing is ****ed.

naysayers you should at least commend him on having done a good build.

looking forward to the new project!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

i like the semenish , freebased cocaine look of the strat finish
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
The explorer reminds me of a piece of furniture, but the finish does seem to be nicely done.
MG Free At Last
The Strat is pretty good, but the finish looks like crap. The reason? It looks like it is smeared in places, which spoils it. The crackles looked fine until it got to the smearing. I actually like the headstock, but it's plain atm which sucks.

As for the Explorer - Awesome finish, it really is nice. However, some of the routing looks like shit. Also, what is the three switches for? Are they like a on/off for each knob or something?
Quote by AdamDK
The Strat is pretty good, but the finish looks like crap. The reason? It looks like it is smeared in places, which spoils it. The crackles looked fine until it got to the smearing. I actually like the headstock, but it's plain atm which sucks.

As for the Explorer - Awesome finish, it really is nice. However, some of the routing looks like shit. Also, what is the three switches for? Are they like a on/off for each knob or something?

i agree if the headstock matched the body it would look great.

also i would assume the 3 switches are for each pup on or off,or if not that then posibbly a coil tap for each pup.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

OK looks like i need to do some more explaining, lol, alls well if its for my guitar-manship.

The Strat.
I'm looking to redo the finish because well ... under the bridge it looks like shit or as "t heff" said it looks like cocain, not really what i was going for. Im going to get the black on red or red on black finish, because that will go much better with the headstock, and then i will paint the head stock to match. Red with the grove symbol (looks like an egyption [sry bout the spelling] eye except its a "T" for my last name "tucci." I think that will give the strat a much better look and then if i have the desire i can upgrade from the saga electronics. im thinking twin rails for pups, and maybe an active tone pot, idk bout that yet.

The Explorer (since that is what everyone is refering to it as)
This was my first real build, starting from a slab of wood and parts. So i gave it to my dad to do the wood work, now my dad has a full time job and does alot of other stuff so i rushed and i couldnt do it because my dad works for someplant where its not safe to have people who dont work there, so i couldnt do it my self, so i coulds say things. I have a feeling that the **** routing that you are all talking about is in the spring cavity. Well simply put the pocket was not deep enough for the springs, (i messed up my calculations, sad since im a math/science major) and well i has a weekend to install everything so, i took my dremel and started carving away, untill it worked, but its on the back and people dont see it.

the switches and the pots. Each pot controls the volume of a respective pup. Now i like all music and when i built this i was really into classic rock and blues (i still am) so i used two Gibson PAF's, but i like to rock out so i installed a Zebra. The switches or on/off/on switches again each one onctroling a pup, but i wired it so i can control the phase, this control allows me to get different tones my combining in and out of phase pickups or off completely. its truely a wonderful instrument to play once i get it working agian. and again the wire channel was so that my instructors could see my work.

P.S. thanks buzz for the support makes me see that im not wasting beautiful wood.
You need to check and make sure the tone pot will work with those Active pickups.
Quote by givemeaname
My sisters pretty hot aswell
Ok i know this is my guitar but i need some assistance.

I have the maple top and i wanted to do a green sunburst, but then i realized that that would not be very easy to do with these sharp corners, so i am asking.

1 Are there and "heavy metal" Designs that would work with a green sunburst?

2 if i just did a green dye would that work for this design?

3 or should i just stick with my original design and work from there?

EDIT
After looking at some Ed Roman (abstract) guitars i think i know what i am going to do but please give me any ideas you have the wood i have is 13.75" wide 1.75" thick and about 22" long.
Last edited by Tooch0007 at Jan 14, 2007,
green dye is what you want.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
how much is that wood, and where did you get it? i want wood just llike that!
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
how much is that wood, and where did you get it? i want wood just llike that!

ebay. YOu can get anything from a veneer (like that is) or a 3/4 inch slab of ... well anything. Search maple top wood, and you get things like that.

The veneer cost me $40. The dimensions are, .7mm, 23.5 in, 16 in.
Last edited by Tooch0007 at Jan 14, 2007,
Ok so wiring i need some assistance, I have active pickups, with two wires, Red, white, and the white has the ground. I want to wire it to independent volume controls, to a selector switch, to a distortion knob, to a tone knob. Can any one provide me with a wiring diagram, because i have no idea how i would do this.

Thanks guys (in advance)
Pleaaaaaase smooth out that V at least

That inlay and a quilt top will just not look good on that shape

tbh that shape just doesn't look good to me at all

I love everything about the strat except the headstock btw
Quote by Nick_
Pleaaaaaase smooth out that V at least

That inlay and a quilt top will just not look good on that shape

tbh that shape just doesn't look good to me at all

I love everything about the strat except the headstock btw

Nick i think your right.

http://www.edromanguitars.com/newsite/guitars/abstract/images/ABS_3DV.2004.jpg

That is a guitar that i am taking the design from and well that pulls off the shape and the quilted maple, but i don't think i have the funds or the experience to pull of something like that so this is a shout out to everyone on UG to send me ideas for a guitar body design that will look good with a quilted top, a rose inlay neck and will look good playing heavy metal.

EDIT
i have some ideas im going to work them out on paper and ill get back to you on them but any ideas are still open.