I have a fairly small sized basement and we practice down there but the sound rings through the house. Whats a cheap way to soundproof? I dont need complete silence but enough so the whole house isnt shaking

Thanks
Member #49 of the Nirvana Fan Club
cover the walls in egg cartons then hang strips of old carpet from the cieling about an inch infront, should do the trick.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Wear oven mitts when you play. Also, Michelin Man suits.

Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
i'm going with the egg box idea for my parents garage, they don't know that thought yet
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Quote by wambulance
where do you put the egg cartons? on the doors edges or something

No, everywhere. Staple them to the wall.
Quote by mr_hankey
No, everywhere. Staple them to the wall.

Tape them to youre body too, that way it'll be real quiet, and if youre mum comes in yelling to turn it down, you just shimmy up against the wall and you'll instantly camoflauge in with it, that way the drummer will get the blame.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
ideas of where to get egg cartons? a restaraunt or something?
Quote by nick dixon
Tape them to youre body too, that way it'll be real quiet, and if youre mum comes in yelling to turn it down, you just shimmy up against the wall and you'll instantly camoflauge in with it, that way the drummer will get the blame.

LMAO!11!!1!
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

You don't actually use egg cartons. You use foam that looks like a big sheet of egg cartons, called an "egg crate." You can use mattress pads and the like, as well.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Gaz_m2k5

Christ, thats expenisve. Looks like standard roof lining to me .

If you go to an industrial upolstry place, and wave a couple of tennors infront of someones nose, theyll go round the back and drag 3 tonnes of offcutts out of the skip for you. Thats the way to do it.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass