Hey everyone, I have an Ibanez JS100 and I was wondering if it was worth changing the pickups?
I've been thinking about getting Dimarzios but I'm not too sure which I should get, it'll be used for metal/shredding type stuff mostly & stuff like Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy and Opeth. Any suggestions as to which pickup combination would be best?
Thanks
Last edited by CyanideChris at Jan 11, 2007,
i would get a dsonic which is great for distortion an proly either a super distortion for the neck or paf or somethhing but defintily the dsonic just if u go on there site they have all there pickups but w.e u do dont get the xn2 it sounds like utter complete crap because its such high output once u distort it to like a metal tone it is horrible to much treble to
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
Evolution = Bridge
PAF Joe = Bridge

Mo' Joe = Neck
Super Distortion = Neck

my suggestions.
dimarzio Fred or PAF Pro for the bridge pickup
I got a Fred in mine it sounds pretty awesome. It's not meant for heavy screamo metal or anything, but if you like hard rock like 80s and harmonics and all it puts out some good tones.
Quote by braknstrings
dimarzio Fred or PAF Pro for the bridge pickup
I got a Fred in mine it sounds pretty awesome. It's not meant for heavy screamo metal or anything, but if you like hard rock like 80s and harmonics and all it puts out some good tones.

I should have mentioned in my first post, it's probably gonna be for stuff like Children of Bodom, Arch enemy and Opeth to mention a few :P so they'd need to be heavy enough for that and even heavier types of metal.
Ok then....2 X2N's coming right up.

Which would sound like crap, as would a super distortion in the neck...

D-sonic bridge, Breed neck - no contest.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com