Hey, im so pissed! I just bout this guitar but the action is WAAY too high! I tried to lower the damn tune-o-matic bridge to the end but the action is still way to high on the high end of the fretboard. Any1 here have any ideas for lowering the action significantly?

I would seriously appriciate it!
wat kinda guitar?
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
thats not posssible!!!

it can't be, if you could take a pitcher and post it, i may have an idea
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Dude i would but i but i dont want to touch it! Besides, the action isnt too bad on the top part of the fretboard.
oo wait nvm sry i forgot that the title said it
im not super observant lol
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
Lower the post on the "higher" side of the bridge.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
Lower the post on the "higher" side of the bridge.

The what?
right, i haqve an esp 400 viper and mine has the same bridge but the action is awsome!!! (best guitar i have palyed for the price, out plays a gibson SG)
make sure the screws which hold the bridge in are tight, that will lover the action, and if the little turning things on either side of the bridge which adjust the action wont move unless you loosen your strings, so do both those thingsd and see if it help,

p.s - is the neck straight???
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Quote by sexyguitargod
right, i haqve an esp 400 viper and mine has the same bridge but the action is awsome!!! (best guitar i have palyed for the price, out plays a gibson SG)
make sure the screws which hold the bridge in are tight, that will lover the action, and if the little turning things on either side of the bridge which adjust the action wont move unless you loosen your strings, so do both those thingsd and see if it help,

p.s - is the neck straight???

Dude if you look at this pic>> http://iup.in/viewimage.php?img=5413

I have lowered both bridges to the max(by tightening the screws). The only thing i can think of is removing the bridge where u set the intonation and changing the screws on it. I thought of this because if i look under it i see a bit of space. Can this be right or would this mess up the bridge?
have you tried adjusting the truss rod in the neck?
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
NO!!!

dont do that!!!

it is an awsome guitar and it could ruin it!!!

take it to the guitar shop and let them check it out, i dont no what else to segest,
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
**** this dude, i live in Kuwait!! There's no good guitar shop. ****. What do you think of this dudes>> I unscrew the bridge and change the screws because the part that has the small heads on top of it has a bit of space under it. Sorry i know im not the best at explaining.... :P
Whoa, those are some pretty thick strings. You might want to switch to a lighter guage, that will put less tension on the neck, which should help with the action.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
just adjust the truss rod and raise the bridge back up.

i'll walk you through it

1: tighten the truss rod slowly so that the strings have low action. they may be touching the neck.

2; raise the bridge back up. this Might help solve the fretbuzz you get from the strings touching the neck.

3: if you still get buzz, loosen the trussrod slowly so that you have slighlty higher action, then you can lower the bridge some more.

play around doing this until your action is satisfactory.

also: try detuning your strings to lower the tension, and thus the action
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Action looks fine to me. I swear, too many people these days complain about seemingly "high action".

I wouldn't adjust the truss rod, just because you don't know what you're doing, and it's probably the worst way to just lower your action. I say just get used to it, cause there really isn't anything wrong with action that's slightly high.