If HDTV is basically more pixels how come people don't just use computer monitors.
I'm sure you could get a widescreen hard glass computer monitor with the right inputs and then just hook a digital (or Sky HD box) to it.

Hmmm?
Yeah, alot of people dont realise this, but a standard LCD pc moniter is HD. The only thing that stops them from selling a HD unit to plu into youre moniter is profit, theres no way they can charge £1500 for a box you plug into youre PC. Its much easier for them to sell you a tv, AND then charge you to subscribe to HDtv. Its all a bit of bullshite really.

In my opinion, I prefere standard LCD tellys. its just technology hype.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
yea HDTV really doesnt look that good to me
i think it looks worse because LCD tv's are so grainy
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Quote by nick dixon
Yeah, alot of people dont realise this, but a standard LCD pc moniter is HD. The only thing that stops them from selling a HD unit to plu into youre moniter is profit, theres no way they can charge £1500 for a box you plug into youre PC. Its much easier for them to sell you a tv, AND then charge you to subscribe to HDtv. Its all a bit of bullshite really.

In my opinion, I prefere standard LCD tellys. its just technology hype.

But wont eventually we get USB-HDTV cards. Just like we have normal USB TV cards now.

Quote by ledzep1023
yea HDTV really doesnt look that good to me
i think it looks worse because LCD tv's are so grainy

Not if you get a plasma
yes but Plasmas the picture fades after about 5 years
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
EDIT, sorry, when I said LCD, I meant CRT... (standard telly), the colours alot richer, and to be honest, how many people push their face up to the screen and count the pixels?

The only thing I dont get on with with CRT, is strobing, If you want to find a good telly, go to a wall of tellys in a shop, and look at them sideways (standing sideways, and turn youre head away, if theres one that dosent strobe, then it might be 100hz or more, which is good.

I think before long, theyre will be TV buff's craving after "vintage" television gear, like theres idiots at the moment raving on about BOSS guitar pedals.

I sold my Boss DM-2 on ebay for £130!
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
About 90% of people that have an HDTV don't have an HD signal, and about 80% don't even realize it... On topic: That's true. It's probably what I would do if I had traditional TV service at all. But most people, especially in the US like having a biiiiiiiiig screen, and even the biggest of computer monitors would still be considered a small TV.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
About 90% of people that have an HDTV don't have an HD signal, and about 80% don't even realize it... On topic: That's true. It's probably what I would do if I had traditional TV service at all. But most people, especially in the US like having a biiiiiiiiig screen, and even the biggest of computer monitors would still be considered a small TV.

Yeah I suppose. But still, isn't the technology old. I know companies are just looking to make a scam of a profit, but couldn't one company just make cheap ones. They would make tons of cash beating all the competition.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Yeah I suppose. But still, isn't the technology old. I know companies are just looking to make a scam of a profit, but couldn't one company just make cheap ones. They would make tons of cash beating all the competition.

No, because there's no profit in it when AMericans want to see a big fat "pannasonic" on the side of there telly, not "panna-europeaonic"
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by nick dixon
No, because there's no profit in it when AMericans want to see a big fat "pannasonic" on the side of there telly, not "panna-europeaonic"

I guess there's no place in the world for panaphonic or sorny.
Quote by ledzep1023
yes but Plasmas the picture fades after about 5 years

In five years there will be something better anyways.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
But wont eventually we get USB-HDTV cards. Just like we have normal USB TV cards now.

well, we have HDTV outputs on graphics cards and some motherboards already

amd4x4, look nect to the USB underneath the parallell

and i think DVI is just a standard of HD connection. so thats like, every graphics card in the past 2 years?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
The jappanese are experimenting with 3D tv at the minute, so hold youre breath
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by IndieMetalhead
well, we have HDTV outputs on graphics cards and some motherboards already

amd4x4, look nect to the USB underneath the parallell

and i think DVI is just a standard of HD connection. so thats like, every graphics card in the past 2 years?

I think that's an external SATA cuz I have a very similar motherboard.

But anywho you're right, HDTVs do have DVI inputs. I want the other way round though, so the computer has the HDTV input.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
I think that's an external SATA cuz I have a very similar motherboard.

But anywho you're right, HDTVs do have DVI inputs. I want the other way round though, so the computer has the HDTV input.

urgh. pwned by a noob

tbh, until the stats on it come out properly, i won't know.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by captainkurt
hd never looks as good as they hype it up to me when im at best buy

Yes it does. The TV's at Best Buy most likely aren't actually running HDTV, not to mention the signal gets degraded because it's being sent to 10+ TV's at once. The same with the Kiosks for Next-gen game consoles. They just have the console on it's default standard-definition settings stretched out on an HDTV.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by IndieMetalhead
urgh. pwned by a noob

tbh, until the stats on it come out properly, i won't know.

Why am I a noob?