I've just about reasoned with my 'rents to let em send £200-£350 on a new guitar. this will be my second guitar and I have no idea what type of guitar is best.

My first guitar was a Squier Strat

My Amp is a Roland Cube-30

I'm looking to play Hard Rock, Classic Rock and a glipmse of metal.

Any Suggestions?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
ive got an ibanez sz320 through a micro cube and i love it, not sure if that suits you style and price though
Ibanez SZ320
Michael Kelly Patriot Supreme
Simon and Patrick Songsmith Acoustic
Pod X3
um....i'm from aus and i don't know how much the exchange rate is at the moment and to the best of my knowledge my sourcers tell me that in general its more expensive for you guys, in any case iwould recomend a jackson dinky of some forms (one witrh duncans) or a fender strat with a humbuker (for the metal and hard rock)
Quote by Planeshift
oh and dont put a humbucker in a strat thats pretty gay

Iron maiden disagree :P.

Threadstarter you've got to be more specific really, do you want a floating tremolo? Hardtail? any pickup configuration preferences? There is definatly loads of quality guitars within that pricepoint.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by Planeshift
oh and dont put a humbucker in a strat thats pretty gay

oops, that post was me on my friends computer
i' m offering this guitar a versatility, a HSS of the most playablity and versatility for this fellow and epiphone is terrible, if you want a paul go the extra yards get a job and buy a real one, trust me on that, smae goes for fender as well my first strat was real and i wouldn't have wanted it any other way=)
I have a Squier Strat, which I find the neck too fat. I'd like one with locking tuners, humbuckers (x2) and (not really that bothered) Floyd Rose/decent whammy bar. I don't "need" a whammy bar as such, I'd just prefer one.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
Line 6 Variax?
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.