Does anyone else ever get stuck in guitar playing rutts? For the past few weeks i havent been able to find a song i like and havent been playing as much as i used to. I dont know very much theory besides a few scales so thats always an option. Any adivce on how to get out of it?
what sort of music do you listen to?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
What inspired you to play guitar? Go and learn the songs you wanted to at the start. Other than that, I'd say try listening to other genres then your usual ones. And don't worry, it'll pass.
Quote by johnmalkin
What inspired you to play guitar? Go and learn the songs you wanted to at the start. Other than that, I'd say try listening to other genres then your usual ones. And don't worry, it'll pass.

Exactly what he said. If I'm stuck in a creative rutt, I go back and relearn old stuff I used to play when I first started and then I go and listen to bands that perhaps I don't listen to all that much. Older music especially helps me, even if I'm trying to write a modern metal song going back to Kill 'Em All inspires me.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
i listen to alot of classic rock and a little punk also. And i already know the songs that inspired me to play guitar = /