I was thinking of getting a subscribtion to a bass magazine, does anyone have any good suggestions?

(also, any good general music magazines?)

Thank you!
"If faith is the answer we've already reached it
and if spirits a sign, then it's only a matter of time"
Try Bass Guitar by guitar world i have a subscription and its good lots of good articles and some tab transcription
Quote by Home_EG
Everytime you procrastinate, god lets fall out boy live another day. How's that for motivation?

Quote by Home_EG
Originally posted by Rockey Chick#1:
got a mouth full of stuff that taste better than candy.

Did you blow Willy Wonker?

man i love this site
Bass Player. I think the lessons in the back pages are great, and the articles are informative.
Bass Player is a great magazine
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
I got a subscription to Bass Player. I've heard only good things about it but sadly I have never read because THE FREAKING MAGAZINE HASN'T COME YET! so I can't give you first hand opinion but I will still reccomend it.
It's not fair there are no bass magazines in the uk its gay
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Um.

http://www.bassguitarmagazine.com/

Thats supposed to be the best bass magazine there is. Exclusively in the UK. Pssh. I guess it isn't so homosexual after all

Bass Player is a much better written and formatted magazine than Bass Guitar World rag (US).
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I got a subscription to Bass Player. I've heard only good things about it but sadly I have never read because THE FREAKING MAGAZINE HASN'T COME YET! so I can't give you first hand opinion but I will still reccomend it.

Six to eight weeks....sigh....I have a subscription on order, and I just finally gave up and bought the newest issue at Walgreens...

But I got the Bill! So at least I am in the system now.
I was going to subscribe to Bass Player the price was pretty low, until I saw add 15$ for shipment to Canada and it was at 30$ and I didn't convert the currency yet. Might try and look around to see if any stores here have the magazine. If its good, I'll probably subscribe.
been reading bassplayer for over two years now, tried another one every now and then, but bassplayer is the one I like most...
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
Quote by anarkee
Six to eight weeks....sigh....I have a subscription on order, and I just finally gave up and bought the newest issue at Walgreens...

But I got the Bill! So at least I am in the system now.

Augh none of my stores carry it I'm almost positive. Six to eight weeks gi ve me a break. It's been at least 10 weeks me thinks. I haven't even got a bill.
Quote by Yertle
Um.

Thats supposed to be the best bass magazine there is. Exclusively in the UK. Pssh. I guess it isn't so homosexual after all

Bass Player is a much better written and formatted magazine than Bass Guitar World rag (US).

+1

(Except for the lack of song transcriptions)
i thought bass player was better overall, but bass guitar had more rock band info
|_1√3 1|\| yΩ|_|® \/\/®|_D 93+ p\/\/n3d 1|\| 1\/11|\|3

I Love to Drink Bawls!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Augh none of my stores carry it I'm almost positive. Six to eight weeks gi ve me a break. It's been at least 10 weeks me thinks. I haven't even got a bill.

Hey, Jazz! There is hope! I finally got my first issue today. And on the cover the BX3 bassists, who I am seeing on Tuesday night. Yes!
I've never really looked at Bass Player, when I went to check out some of the magazines, Bass Guitar had a big article on Cliff Burton which instantly drew my attention away from Bass Player.
i get bass guitar, it's great and all but i think it focuses on metal too much just like Guitar world, but it had this super cool Mike Watt article awhile back, and the transprictions are cool

Quote by Yertle
Um.

If BGM is the pinnacle of bass journalism then it's a sorry state of affairs. Especially this month with that monkey from Jamiroquai on the front. Bring back Zender any day.

Mind you, at least they do find fault with things rather than just imply the shortcomings like a lot of magazines. 3/5 pretty much means don't buy this.
Quote by smb
If BGM is the pinnacle of bass journalism then it's a sorry state of affairs. Especially this month with that monkey from Jamiroquai on the front. Bring back Zender any day.

Mind you, at least they do find fault with things rather than just imply the shortcomings like a lot of magazines. 3/5 pretty much means don't buy this.

I've got subscription to Bass Guitar Magazine, and it's not all that. Bass Player from the US is nice. I stumble on them when I'm in a WH Smith in London train stations like Liverpool Street and Victoria, never see them anywhere else. The bass editions of Guitar Total are cool if you can find them when they come out (if they still do them).