Page 1 of 2
First if all i know i'll be flamed......

Anyways i want to know if 340 euro is a good deal for the 100W mg,Also i'm going to save you some time as i've already played it for a good 2 hours straight and i get a great tone out of it and it matches my style perfectly.

If oyu want to disagree with me there's videos of me on youtube @ "commandercool160"
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
if it matches ur style and u like it get it b4 u get many many replies of how bad it is
but if i was u i would mayb try some other amps first just to be sure
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Pod XT Live

Wish List
Marshall DSL401
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Maxon OD-9
Boss DD-3
Digitech Whammy
ISP Decimator
MXR Phase 90 EVH
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yeah it is... It's the right price that should be set for that amp....

€340 is around £150 or so...

It's a good price and you're gettin what you paid for...

I will warn you, My MG crapped out on me very quickly....
i got mine for £140 on ebay
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Pod XT Live

Wish List
Marshall DSL401
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Maxon OD-9
Boss DD-3
Digitech Whammy
ISP Decimator
MXR Phase 90 EVH
Ibanez Weeping Demon
if you like it get it, thats how I go about things, people always told me that the roland cube was perfect for metal, but I just didnt like it, I guess it is personal opinion, so if you like the MG, get it.
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Well its cheap, you like it and you got quite a good tone out of it in your videos. So go for it.
Well i ahte MG's, they have bad tone, awfull quality. But if you want to ignore these thigns get it, you decide, we can't decide for you. Its a shame wiht such a ncie guitar with a poor amp though...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I wasn't using the MG for those vids im just saying thats the kind of music i play,Quite the contrary gabel les pauls were made for marshalls!
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
Yes, Les Pauls are are good match for valve Marshalls.

A cheap Les Paul copy would be a better match for the MG series.
I paid 650 cdn 3 or 4 years ago for mine. I have no idea what people are talking about its sucking. I love mine. The cleans suck when your crank it but it's a marshall what do you expect. The overdrive is pretty awsome, loud as **** as my reduced hearing can attest. The only problem i've had with mine quality wise is i had to replace the power switch, not a problem as its the same switch as used in older computer power supplys.
I personally would recommend the amp if your into lots of heavily overdrive music. The cleans are fine at lower volumes. Get a fender if you use lots of cleans.
Fender Standard Stratocaster (Seymour Duncan JB in Bridge)
Epiphone Explorer
Marshall MG100DFX 100 watt combo
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss Dm-2 Delay
Digitech WH4 Whammy
Morely Vol Volume (vintage 1975)
Right I have one and it does for now.
But as I'm nearly getting pretty serious into my music 'carreer' so i'm looking for a tube, IMO you should get it, use it till you think you're ready for a new one, and get a new amp, but clean channel+effects = BIG NO, well clean channel plus distortion pedals and the likes.
I wasn't using the MG for those vids im just saying thats the kind of music i play,Quite the contrary gabel les pauls were made for marshalls!

Gabel knows this, seeing as he plays a Les Paul through a Marshall

However, you get a better tone from a non-Marshall tube amp than from a Marshall-branded SS amp like the MG....the name alone doesn't cut it, it's what's under the bonnet that counts. You don't get the marshall roar from an MG, and the distortion is nowhere near as ballsy as the real thing. A cranked marshall tube amp is soul-stirring stuff, but a cranked mg is...well, crushing
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jan 11, 2007,
Ignorance is bliss.

If you like it whatever. But just remember this...One day you'll wake up and actually realize what good guitar tone is...and then you'll hate your MG and curse the day you bought it.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Whats really ashame is that you could get an all tube amp used for about that price.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Tone aside (we'll have to agree to disagree) you must take into consideration the quality issues, do a search on here and you will see they are really bad. Although mine was an MG15 it only lasted 3 months before I started getting the volume issue that is all so common with MG's.
Well, I think you can get better amps for the money, but if you want it ... :/
Sent from my iPad.
how old are you? Like 8? Just buy it and play the thing till you get pissed off at it... My friend is in a really good band and hes just begging for a new amp, since he has that one.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
I can say that the amp will LAST a while, unfortunately ¬_¬ I hat eit myself
But it lasts long and sounds terrible to me but if you like it, it should hold up, but I suggest saving up for a DSL401 or soemthing.
Quote by CommanderCool6
Quite the contrary gabel les pauls were made for marshalls!

Quite the controrary, Marshalls were made for Les Pauls... Actully theyy weren't, they were in the beginning copies of a Fender Bassman which was made for:
Fender P bass.
Yeap thats right. The Bassman was an answer for an amp suited for the Fender Pbass.

Though Les Pauls and tube Marshalls fit togheter (Cnosideing i have a Gibson LP and a Marshall Plexi). Though an MG isn't a Marshall, it does have a Marshall logo but it was actully made by the brand Park before Marshall began producing them. ANyway the MG is crap don't get it man!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Gabel A lot of good advice just flies right over people's heads here. You may or may not be wasting your time. About a week ago some kid thought his Single Rect. couldn't compete with his band mates Marshall Mode Four. After all the advice he got, he still decided on a Mode Four... sad.
^^

WTF!! A Single Recto couldn't get enough for a kid... (OMG what in God's name...)
anyways...
just look out for some more amps and try them TS...
like a Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix...
Don't get 1 i tried the MG 1/2 stack in a shop when i was gettin my amp, its sounds dire honestly, don't get a hybrid amp either.

also on the vids, sort out the mic volumes, and a new singer
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by Untitled001
Yeah it is... It's the right price that should be set for that amp....

€340 is around £150 or so...

It's a good price and you're gettin what you paid for...

I will warn you, My MG crapped out on me very quickly....

Actually €340 is nearer £225. Which isn't a particuarly good price for an MG. At least not in my opinion.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by bikerboyjosh
Don't get 1 i tried the MG 1/2 stack in a shop when i was gettin my amp, its sounds dire honestly, don't get a hybrid amp either.

also on the vids, sort out the mic volumes, and a new singer

The mic's were good it's just the camera didn't pick up the sound right,Also you can't hear our lead guitarist for like half of the songs....And whats wrong with our singer :?

The Cubists
Quote by sheldonplank
Wait a minute... on those youtube vids is your drummer called Dave Paul?

Yip im gonna presume you know us.........what a small world

The Cubists
Last edited by CommanderCool6 at Jan 12, 2007,
Quote by CommanderCool6
Yip im gonna presume you know us

Nope but I've heard of ye once or twice and I recognised him. For a second I thought i was going insane...
Quote by sheldonplank
Nope but I've heard of ye once or twice and I recognised him. For a second I thought i was going insane...

Haha,Kewl....kinda strange that out of he people that looked at this thread and watched the vids someone from the same city as me knew of us

The Cubists
i tried a fender65somethingorsomething and i went through every setting and caompared it to the mg in the back room of the shop so i could turn em up good n' loud and the fender cleans were softer but i still preffered the mg,so i suppose i'll stick with it.
Eventually i'll get a proper tube amp i know MG's don't last long but i'll keep writing music in the meantime.
Sound for your help lads!

The Cubists
What?!

That Fender is bad. For the price get a Roland Cube sntead. Sounds heaps better and yyou can actully live with it for quite long (heck my lld teacher has used his for liek ten years)!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I just don't understand why wou'd buy and mg knowing you are gonna want a real tube amp in the future.

Why not just buy an all tube 2x12 combo now? You do realize a 50 watt combo will be almost 3x as loud as the MG and it will actually sound good at all volumes.

Are you just buying it because its a Stack and you think it looks cool? I can't think of any other reason someone would want one.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
It's not a stack it's just your regular square SS amp,I'm getting the MG now and later i'll start saving up for my tube amp which i wont need for a good while.

The Cubists
Why not get a Roland Cube? Its the same price and alot better?
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by CommanderCool6
It's not a stack it's just your regular square SS amp,I'm getting the MG now and later i'll start saving up for my tube amp which i wont need for a good while.

Honestly, it's not worth settling for crap each and every 'upgrade' you decide to make. Like I said, some stuff flies right over people's heads here.

If you like the MG then go with it. Nobody is going to stop you from getting one, but expect "I told you so" type answers very soon.
Why not get a Roland Cube? Its the same price and alot better?

Or a 40 watt Fallen Angel for another 60 euros*?

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/14396

Or a Laney VC15 for another 37?

http://www.thomann.de/ie/laney_vc15110_gitarrencombo.htm

They're both much better sounding and loud - the Ashdown will be perfectly capable of inducing hearing damage at the flick of a pick.

*I was sure my keyboard had a euro symbol but I'm buggered if I can find it....
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jan 12, 2007,
Quote by CommanderCool6

Why not continue saving until you can get a better amp?
Sent from my iPad.
Page 1 of 2