I need to get new pickups because the ones on my epi les paul suck I'm looking for a very virsitale pickups I play in the school jazz band and alot of the strokes,led zeppelin and buckethead. does any one have any recommendations?
Durka
ide just have a variety of pickups on your guitar for it, but i dont know that much about pick ups...
duncan JB(or SH-5)/Jazz(or '59) set, versitile as hell
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
JB is too harsh. Too much treble. Won't do at all for a School Jazz band.

What kind of Epi LP do you have? Some of the lower end ones aren't made of mahogany.
If you have the Les Paul Special, go with the APH-1. Otherwise, SH-2 Jazz is your best bet.

Try:
Neck - Seymour Duncan SH-2 Jazz or APH-1 Alnico II Pro - Both are great, and will work well for both Jazz and classic rock. I have the Jazz in my SG, gives me huge, warm rhythms that clean up well. Very clear tone.
Bridge - Seymour Duncan SH-14 Custom 5 - Big bottom end of the sound spectrum, and great for classic rock. Roll down the Volume control, and you've got something that'll work just fine for the School band, too.
Um....Dimarzio Norton in the bridge, or a Breed if you really want to make the most of that Les Paul beefiness, Breed in the neck...because you can't have too much warmth in the neck position of a Les Paul
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I have a stand epi lp but the I moved the toggle down to one the tone pots ans made it one tone and one volume
Durka
Oh yeah dude. Definitely will do for rock.
I have the Jazz, and I play punk rock, classic rock, hard rock, and blues. They say Jazz, but it's really great for pretty much anything.

Anf if you go with the Alnico Pro II, think about this: Slash uses em in his Les Pauls.

The SH-14 Custom 5 is great for rock - It'll just be able to clean up for band better than the SH-5 Duncan Custom, of SH-11 Custom Custom, which are other models I like.

Gibson P94's might have a bit too much bite for ther school band.
Ah, steven. You with your Breeds and Nortons.
You almost make me wanna go out and buy some.

Look into my eyes, look directly into my eyes...do not look around my eyes above my eyes to the side of my eyes but directy into my eyessss....and sleep!

When you awake, you WILL buy a Dimarzio Norton....

The Breed's my favourite Dimarzio neck pickup by a long way, the Air Norton has it's uses but it's very busy sounding. The Breed his high output, fat and warm with a smooth top end which is exactly what I want from a neck pickup...every note should be a hug! The bridge models similar, but obviously it's less warm and fat by virtue of not being at the neck. The Norton's got a more balanced tone, and I know not everyone is looking for warm and fat from the bridge, they like something a little less polite. It can scream, don't get me wrong, but it's a more rounded, soulful kind of screaming...the Tone Zone and Evo are like hyperactive kids who want you to buy them sweets.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com