Page 1 of 2
Paganini's 24th Caprice
Canon(Ofcourse)
Greensleeves is pretty cool.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
^Jethro Tull's Bouree? One of the coolest songs ever!

Edit: BTW: I don't even know myself
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Quote by jb_designs
^Jethro Tull's Bouree? One of the coolest songs ever!

Bach > Jethro Tull
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by metal4all
Bach > Jethro Tull

GOD, Jethro Tull wasnt the flute player. I must admit Paggannin was a pretty awsome viola player, I should think it would like shred on guitar.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Estudio Sin Luz, or anything else by Andres Segovia. A lot of his stuff he didn't write, it goes back to Sor and Tarrega, but Segovia is the one who made it notable.
Can't stop the signal.
Romance / Romanza by anonymous. Is a really nice spanish classical piece.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Four Seasons
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Come on, anybody ever seen the Epiphone commercial where everybody in the building was playing Richard Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries"?
Have you ever went to put on a pair of underwear, but there weren't any, so you started runnin around the house flailin your arms while nude?
Quote by Maverick64
Come on, anybody ever seen the Epiphone commercial where everybody in the building was playing Richard Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries"?

We dont get guitar commercials in New York
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
sonatina op. 36, no. 3 by muzio clementi. especially the third movement, it's freaking fast when you actually play it in allegro.
the acoustic part in trilogy suite op:5 by yngwie
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Ive got a vid of Jason Becker playing paganni
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
I've always wanted to hear someone do an actually good sounding Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565 by J.S. Bach, but it's not Classical it's baroque. But still, .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ipzR9bhei_o
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Last edited by Godly Moose at Jan 11, 2007,
you do know that guitar has a classical style right? get this, it's called classical guitar.

i know shocking. and if youre going to play classical, play it right. that means, classical fingerpicking, classical nylon acoustic guitar, knowing the correct interpretation of the music such as the dynamics and articulations.

for example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPfZVflJdp0
http://video.google.com/url?vidurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideoplay%3Fdocid%3D-1994835504362469704%26q%3D24%2Bcaprice&docid=-1994835504362469704&ev=v&esrc=sr1&usg=AL29H2366SLzDQ-Cd9Bjy_nk-I7pFBUgAQ

don't be another shredhead who thinks he's doing classical music any justice, unless the piece is shred oriented to being with, aka Pagaini's 5th.
Quote by altronataku
you do know that guitar has a classical style right? get this, it's called classical guitar.

i know shocking. and if youre going to play classical, play it right. that means, classical fingerpicking, classical nylon acoustic guitar, knowing the correct interpretation of the music such as the dynamics and articulations.

for example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPfZVflJdp0
http://video.google.com/url?vidurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideoplay%3Fdocid%3D-1994835504362469704%26q%3D24%2Bcaprice&docid=-1994835504362469704&ev=v&esrc=sr1&usg=AL29H2366SLzDQ-Cd9Bjy_nk-I7pFBUgAQ

don't be another shredhead who thinks he's doing classical music any justice, unless the piece is shred oriented to being with, aka Pagaini's 5th.

After playing classical guitar for two years, I can honestly say that I really hate it. Every teacher is an even BIGGER elitist than even prog dudes, and they're very anal about "proper" technique. While I may enjoy the music on occassion, taking classical guitar classes took all the fun out of playing it. Trust me people, playing classical guitar sucks.
yea, i like playing classical guitar but the elitists are dumb ****s that piss me off. Especially the ones who think electric guitar is some kind of abomination
Quote by cockzit
After playing classical guitar for two years, I can honestly say that I really hate it.
so what? at least if you play classical the real way, you'd retain a shred of dignity.

Every teacher is an even BIGGER elitist than even prog dudes
no arguments there.

and they're very anal about "proper" technique.
That's because classical music is very much the practice of discipline. it forces you to play strictly. while improvising can be hard, so can trying to pinpoint every nuance in the music exactly as intended. and proper technique and posture can get extremely frustrating, but you'd honestly sound like shit if you don't get them right.

While I may enjoy the music on occassion, taking classical guitar classes took all the fun out of playing it
Then deep down inside, you really don't appreciate or authentically know classical music. no offense, but that's probably your subconcious truth, even if you tell yourself you like it.

and i totally know where you're coming from. i've been playing violin for almost 7 years and the first 5 years were terrible for me. i hated violin. i hated classical music. but somehow it just grew onto me. and now that i'm more concious of music, i appreciate classical more and more and i honestly like it now. in turn, i also enjoy playing violin now. i feel accomplished when i learn a Bach piece, not "thank god, i'm done finally." this is because i truly like the music. so again, maybe you just really dont like classical.

Trust me people, playing classical guitar sucks.
i trust you when you say you don't like it. that doesn't mean everyone else hates it/will hate it. the first time i finger picked a basic piece correctly, it felt extremely rewarding and i honestly felt like playing guitar for the first time and learning that first song that i've always wanted to play.
Last edited by altronataku at Jan 11, 2007,
Classico - Tenacious D
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Quote by §tratôcaster
i dont know many, but im sure people in the CLASSICAL GUITAR FORUM do.

sorry. i meant classical songs that are originally played on piano. not classical guitar songs.
Quote by jb_designs
Edit: BTW: I don't even know myself

That could be a problem when you're introducing yourself, or listing your specialties.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I play classical guitar and I can honestly say it's made me way better. It makes playing electric guitar fell so easy
Bach's Cello Suite 1: Prelude.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
that christmas song.....f****....you know, the one from Home Alone? uh... Carol of the bells!!! i just picked it up by ear because my friend had it as his ringtone (annoying after like the 50th time). took it to the basement, through some really fast alternate picking in there, and presto!!! really easy too. stays in one position pretty much. hall of the mountian king is good to. you can play it earbleedingly fast and move it wherever the hell you want to on the fretboard. good luck, and dont forget to throw some obligatory pinch harmonics in there for the ladies! hahahaha
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
play old classic christmas songs with palm mutes and appegios with heavy distortion and reverb lol it sounds wicked as shit
Classical Gas
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Page 1 of 2