Page 1 of 3
Do you guys get along with your parents? Just wondering cause I sure dont...
We fight constantly and dont really see eye to eye on anything. I usually stay in my room all day just to avoid them ( Yeah that sounds bad I know)
Bad. I posted about it in some other (old) thread.

Edit: Your situation sounds somewhat like mine.
I have a relativley good relationship with em, but that could just be the way they are compared to the way I am. Obedience is something I definately learned in this house, but I am extremely free to disagree and express myself, as long as I'm not rude. I think of my dad as like a friend-father, really. The key to some peace between you and them is being calm, being (somewhat) subserviant, but not to the point of letting them dictate your life, and listen to what they say because (as much as I often dislike this notion) they HAVE been around longer than us, so I at least listen to what they have to say before I do stupid things anyway.

Shit, sure sounds like I'm kissing ass after a re-read...
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
....ass kiss

I get along okay with em.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I have an excellent relationship with my parents, although we fight some times, but tne minutes after that were happy again.
Looking for a new sig!
I get along great with my parents, especially my dad but my mom too. I usually like to just not say a lot around them though, just because they like to ask a lot of questions. Sometimes though my parents seem to get very angry with me for no other reason other than that i am a teenager. And they dont trust me as much as they should.
I get along good with my parents now that I've moved out. We talk now instead of argue and we avoid talking about music and politics altogether. Those are just not good issues with my conservative parents. Just don't give up most people have parent troubles.
Quote by BigTakeover138
Do you guys get along with your parents? Just wondering cause I sure dont...
We fight constantly and dont really see eye to eye on anything. I usually stay in my room all day just to avoid them ( Yeah that sounds bad I know)

You should kill both your parents... kill everyone... only then will there be peace.
Not bad. There's the annoying times, like when they make me get my hair cut, but it's not bad. I'm too laid back for it to get horrible.
For some reason Im a completely different person around my parents. When Im with my friends Im always happy and cracking jokes, but at home I have no sense of humor and dont really talk.... Its weird but its something I cant get past...I just dont trust them..anyone else like this?
I have great relations with my dad, but terrible with my mom.. but I'm fine with that.
I used to be very obedient, to the point of needing to grow a pair

now I grew one and my dad doesn't talk to me anymore (no big loss really). My mom and i fight a lot, but I get to leave in about a year and a half to college, so I try to ignore her. Its funny because when i'm around they would yell at me, but if I took off for a while they would act all happy to see me when I came back
Quote by BigTakeover138
For some reason Im a completely different person around my parents. When Im with my friends Im always happy and cracking jokes, but at home I have no sense of humor and dont really talk.... Its weird but its something I cant get past...I just dont trust them..anyone else like this?

Same here, I'm hardly open with mine. I'll also be sitting in the car, and my mum will give me the impression that she thinks I'm some anti social emo kid. I'll show her...

*uses teh raz0r*
yo.

I BELIEVE
me and my dad use to always fight like and throw each other down my stairs and shit lol but now its all good....and as for my mum we've never fought about anything big...
Quote by BigTakeover138

Yeah, sometimes although if my parents talk about guitars/music for a bit then I talk for ages.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Could be better I suppose. My parents own a Chinese restaurant and seperate Takeaway (how ironic, I know) and because of their jobs as Chefs, they come back home late and leave early - we own a seperate house as we don't live above the business. On average, I get to see them about 3, maybe 4 hours a day. Chinese parents who own restaurants and takeaways will know, they choose only get 4 days off a year (Christmas time). This has been pretty much the case throughout all my 18 years and soon to be 19. I was looked after by my sister most of the time when I was growing up.

As a result, I am not dependant on my parents and my parents have no control of my life. They let me do what I want and will always respect what I do. With that in mind, I confess (especially to UG'ers who think they're hardcore by doing drugs) I'm completely clean. I've never been tempted by drugs and have always been on the good side in education. I work damn hard in order to achieve what I want to be (a barrister) and i've got myself into Law School without encouragement, dissent, and without any advice what so ever. No, my parents have never told me off for not doing my homework when I was younger. I'm incredibly strong minded and I will always do what ever that I believe ought to be expected.

Sometimes, I wish my parents had a little more control of my life when I was younger. They weren't to be honest and a lot of people view me as somewhat detached in friendships, albeit not romantic relationships. I would love to go back and watch my mother or father scream at me for not doing my homework.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by GoodNite_AmyLee at Jan 11, 2007,
good relationship with my mom, except she is worrisome about going out with friends and is strict about curfew, my dad doesnt care about friends and curfew and such but i fight with him constantly.
It's okay...But my Mom's always asking about sex and whatnot with me and girls at my school all the time....She's funny, but my Dad's an asshole. We pretty much fight everyday, but I don't care. They just fight about the dumbest of things, I tend not to care too much though.
Quote by #1 synth
WOW, that was probably the best burn i've seen on here, you get +2 respect points wanttobebetter

Quote by Pan-Tallica
^X2 ... Didn't wahappen already warn you for acting like a mod?
its my mum that i get along with, my dad... we hate each other. but unlike some of you guys, i dont fight with him, he used to be a boxer lol, and he is a big mutha ****a!

i usually just stay out of his way, and we never speak, so its actually kinda peaceful
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
This is the pit man. This is for retards and drug addicts.

Quote by IgnoreThis

Me:
Do you wank?
God:
Only when I am in the U.K.

my parents and i can be getting along great one minute, and yelling at each other the next.
they will just start to argue with me about stupid stuff sometimes and it really bugs me. im also a very talkative and loud person with my friends, but im relatively quiet at home. my parents trust me for the most part, but not nearly as much as they should. pretty much all my friends drink, but im clean as a whistle.
As I have a privacy factor of 0, I find it hard not to get irritated with everyone in the housez0rz. My parents don't even knock, which really pisses me offz0rz.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Mum's constantly complaining that I never talk to her.
The more you lick them
The more you like them

Not for the first time in my life, I curse my bad luck.
Quote by JamieB
As I have a privacy factor of 0, I find it hard not to get irritated with everyone in the housez0rz. My parents don't even knock, which really pisses me offz0rz.

yeah, my dad never bothers me-i could have a keg in my room and he wouldn't ever notice-but my mom has the tendency to knock on a door then 1 to 2 seconds later open it. that is, she doesn't give me time to get done whatever i'm doing and say 'come in," but rather she just knocks to make her presence known. that's how she walked in and saw my penis yesterday :P
I get along fine with both of my parents. Love them to death.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
my mom is extremely annoying, and my dad is awesome, he set me up with 90% of my guitar gear, and occasionally we play songs together and make up dumb stuff.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Quote by chocolatguitar
yeah, my dad never bothers me-i could have a keg in my room and he wouldn't ever notice-but my mom has the tendency to knock on a door then 1 to 2 seconds later open it. that is, she doesn't give me time to get done whatever i'm doing and say 'come in," but rather she just knocks to make her presence known. that's how she walked in and saw my penis yesterday :P

Yeah, my girlfriend's mum doesn't even go inside my girlfriend's room (she lives with her mum and noone else, apart from when her brother's home from university)z0rz.

Oddly enough, that's why we're usually at hers and not minez0rz.

Last edited by JamieB at Jan 11, 2007,
Poster above me, according to your sig, you've failed! edit your post before anyone else notices!

On topic: Aside from all your teenage angst 'ooh my supportive parents dont understand me' stuff, I have real issues with my parents, one lives abroad with a woman half his age and lies about when he's in the country to avoid seeing me, the other is an alcoholic narssistic nut job, who i live with, and who threatens to throw me out so much that I am looking into living on my own just for some stability.
^ I love youz0rz.

Thank youz0rz.

Lately my parents and I have been arguing. After highschool they want me out and in college (I could get into any college I want) but I have no idea what I want to do. My parents are awesome with me though. I can tell them everything and then listen to their advice. My dad has this awesome sense of humor and can always tell when i'm upset. My mom is more strict and she always keeps my head straight. My parents have 8 kids and a grandkid, and i'm surprised they have managed to stay sane with all of us.
* casualty01 slinks away, sad, with a paddle in one hand and a strap on in the other.
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
Could be better I suppose. My parents own a Chinese restaurant and seperate Takeaway (how ironic, I know) and because of their jobs as Chefs, they come back home late and leave early - we own a seperate house as we don't live above the business. On average, I get to see them about 3, maybe 4 hours a day. Chinese parents who own restaurants and takeaways will know, they choose only get 4 days off a year (Christmas time). This has been pretty much the case throughout all my 18 years and soon to be 19. I was looked after by my sister most of the time when I was growing up.

As a result, I am not dependant on my parents and my parents have no control of my life. They let me do what I want and will always respect what I do. With that in mind, I confess (especially to UG'ers who think they're hardcore by doing drugs) I'm completely clean. I've never been tempted by drugs and have always been on the good side in education. I work damn hard in order to achieve what I want to be (a barrister) and i've got myself into Law School without encouragement, dissent, and without any advice what so ever. No, my parents have never told me off for not doing my homework when I was younger. I'm incredibly strong minded and I will always do what ever that I believe ought to be expected.

Sometimes, I wish my parents had a little more control of my life when I was younger. They weren't to be honest and a lot of people view me as somewhat detached in friendships, albeit not romantic relationships. I would love to go back and watch my mother or father scream at me for not doing my homework.

look on the brightside..as much sweet and sour chicken as you can eat
Quote by Cabron1
look on the brightside..as much sweet and sour chicken as you can eat

I'm Chinese and I hate Chinese food. What can I say? .
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by GoodNite_AmyLee at Jan 11, 2007,
I have a descent one with my dad. Its not that I hate him, but he never really did much for me. I have a great one with my mom.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
I'm Chinese and I hate Chinese food. What can I say? .

that's because you know what it's made out of.

i had some chinese food today, and i swear the duck sauce was just snot with orange dye.
Quote by chocolatguitar

i had some chinese food today, and i swear the duck sauce was just snot with orange dye.

LOL. That's just flour, sugar and colouring.

EDIT: Tip 1. You might want to stay away from the seaweed.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by chocolatguitar

actually everytime i have chinese food it makes me have diahorrea and ass burn!?!?

I get on with my parents for about 1 hour. They would have preferred some jock who is some Tom Cruise type guy and lives the perfect life has no personality or brains. Instread i am a full time musician guitar and drum freak who has a degree and who isnt a jock and doesnt look like Tom Cruise (and i think i have personality). If only my parents were artistic or even educated.
Quote by BigTakeover138

I'm the exact same way, and I'm also in the dark as to why. We get along when we do talk, so there's no problem there. Sure, we have differing opinions, but not to the point where we get into stormy arguments, so it's a mystery why I shut myself off when I'm around them.
Quote by rocktolive
One time, I swear my PB&J sandwich talked to me... maybe it was food poisoning?
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
LOL. That's just flour, sugar and colouring.

EDIT: Tip 1. You might want to stay away from the seaweed.

i never would of guessed that you were chinese...

why stay away from the seaweed?

btw, i had some chicken rice soup today, the broth was yellow and tasted funny. what is this made out of?

i'll start a chinese food question thread.

anyway, my dad and i often yell at each other over stupid arguments, and when he contradicts himself he attacks me personally by insulting me.

what a loser.
Quote by chocolatguitar
i never would of guessed that you were chinese...

why stay away from the seaweed?

btw, i had some chicken rice soup today, the broth was yellow and tasted funny. what is this made out of?

i'll start a chinese food question thread.

anyway, my dad and i often yell at each other over stupid arguments, and when he contradicts himself he attacks me personally by insulting me.

what a loser.

Chicken Rice Soup? Sorry mate, can't tell you. We don't sell that and i've never really heard of that in any case. The broth is most probably MSG, sugar and Chicken broth. We add onions in food sometimes to disguise MSG and the taste of food colouring.

The seaweed is just fried cabbage and it has a shit load of bugs in it. How so that you wouldn't think I'm Chinese?

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Page 1 of 3