Began building it a few nights ago, it's made out a 1/2 plywood that was laying around. It's 22x12, and the height on the backside is 3". Hopefully by next week I will have all the edges smooth and ready for covering, which will be black leather

Here's what I got so far....

Only thing I have so far is a Morley bad horsie, Boss TU-2 and a MXR Phase 90 is on the way, but many more to come....
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Looking good so far. Post more pics as you go!

P.S. Maybe get a mod to move this to Gear Building and Customizing.
Quote by cokeisbetter
Looking good so far. Post more pics as you go!

P.S. Maybe get a mod to move this to Gear Building and Customizing.

thanks man, yes more pictures will come soon

yea I didn't know if this was considered an accessory or not
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Quote by Bad Seed
thanks man, yes more pictures will come soon

yea I didn't know if this was considered an accessory or not

The way I figure it, you're building said accessory, so it goes in GB&C. But I dunno.
I would suggest making a door on the bottom to hide a power strip and power supply. You seem pretty decent at wood working, maybe cut out a section of the top and route a channel to inlay a sheet of plexi for that Trailer Trash look (lighting inside the board, wiring, etc). Great work.
I'd lose the botttom plank to reduce the weight.
Currently co-designing a powerful, analog Eq-Amp-Sim. with www.dreamtonefx.com. (PM me for details rather than Dreamtone please.)
It pisses on my brand new Boss BCB-60, which annoys me slightly. Good idea for the wedge shape, I'd never thought of that.
Well done. It looks a lot like a Pete Cornish board. If you're copying him, good luck - if you hadn't planned to copy him, google him.
I like it, very much.
Are you keeping the wood showing? You should.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
it would be totally awesome if you stuck a power brick underneath and drilled a bunch of holes in it for the adaptor cords.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
it would be totally awesome if you stuck a power brick underneath and drilled a bunch of holes in it for the adaptor cords.

Dude yeah.
Lookin' good, man.

I made one not too long ago, but it was just a flat peice of plywood. Once I get another pedal or two I'm going to put a 2x6 peice of wood in the middle (between the powebar and the first row) so the pedals there are more accessible.

I personally don't like the angled way. I find it easier to hit them when they're flat, as opposed to angled, but that's just me.

Good work.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
I'm building one just like this, except mine has a little hinged door in the back to tuck the power supply in, like somebody else suggested. I also have a few strategically drilled holes for the power connectors.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Hey guys, sorry for the late reply, I will try to get everyone's questions. I had different ideas about running the power supply and 9v wiring and that stuff, but once the pedals are on the board, I don't plan on moving them so what I will do is tie wrap all the wiring up neatly and hopefully it will turn out good. I plan on mounting the surge strip on the backside of it. I may end up doing away with the surge strip and daisy chains and going with a power brick and mounting it inside, we'll see. I thought about leaving it natural wood color or staining it, but the wood I snagged was from work and it had a few chips and whatnot, so I filled it full of auto body filler to kind of smooth it out. I'm still waiting on covering it, which I'm getting the upholstrey guy at work to take care of that for me. It's going to be black leather with velcro top, I may throw some odd and ends on it. I was thinking of getting some aluminum diamond plate and sticking it on the sides of it, we'll see what it looks like after it's covered. I was kind of going for the trailer trash style board, all the measurements and angles were just guessing, hopefully it will work out. Thanks for the props on the wood work, this is actually the first wood working project. BTW, it's my dad's shop, he steals all those signs from work.

Also, swapped out the bad horsie for a crybaby and added a small clone chorus pedal. Slowly but surely making my collection
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Last edited by Bad Seed at Jan 22, 2007,
IT'S ALL DONE!!!!

I know, I know, people will comment about the wiring, I may end up running all the wiring under the top board and making a trap door on the bottom, but I don't have enought pedals to fill the board so it will come later on down the road. I don't know if I like the power strip on the back so I may swap out to a power block or something like that. So comments welcomed!

Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Nice
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
yay one spots!
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I tried to clean up the wiring as best as I can, we'll see how it works.....
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
im probably wrong, but shouldn't the tuner be first in the effects chain?
Looks a bit small now you've built it all, and the wood style looked a lot better.

But nice and tidy.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Looks a bit small now you've built it all, and the wood style looked a lot better.

But nice and tidy.

yea I was thinking that after the pedal are on it, but I really don't plan on getting a lot of pedals , probably 2 or 3 more, and I already have a wah, so hopefully it'll be big enough

Wilki, don't really know if it is or not...
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Nice! Im getiing one like this soon too!

Im using a one spot too. But hooking up too many FX on it will cause noise. if u get real bad hiss. getting another adaptor MAY solve your problem. but thats later when you get more.

You can put your tuner anywhere u want. There is no Fixed standard!
Rig

Fender HSS Strat>Patchbay>PW Tuner
>535q>JNH>Deucetone Rat>MIJ BF2>Byoc Trem
>MIJ CE2>VisualVolume>DD6>Patchbay>Amp

I'm sure the buffered signal from a bypassed pedal will give the tune better responce, especially from 20ft of cable to the guitar.
These go to eleven...