Can you guys name some songs that play around with chord textures. What I mean is like songs where your holding a D open lets say and you use an extra finger to like do some pull offs and like adding a 7th to the chord and stuff like that. Hopefully I explained that well.
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
If I under stand you I would say Thankyou by Led Zeppelin (also their prettiest song)
Well I didnt just mean chord textures. I meant like argpegiating and playing rhythm at the same time kinda thing. for example like a good example would be hendrix's little wing. He does like a G major bare chord and works within it. I need more of those kinds of songs.
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
Last edited by The Iron Man at Jan 11, 2007,
Metallica's Nothing Else Matters sort of has what you're after.

Hell, go for Tenacious D's Wonderboy, perhaps.
little wing
yellow ledbetter
life without you
under the bridge
over the hills and far away
say it aint so, the intro maybe?

lots of hendrix, stevie ray, and john frusciante songs are in styles like that. you could always improvise around your own or the same chord progressions in those songs using those same techniques used. i like to fool around with yellow ledbetter, its really a lot simpler of a song than it sounds like once you get the techniques down.
Quote by evansut7
little wing
yellow ledbetter
life without you
under the bridge
over the hills and far away
say it aint so, the intro maybe?

lots of hendrix, stevie ray, and john frusciante songs are in styles like that. you could always improvise around your own or the same chord progressions in those songs using those same techniques used. i like to fool around with yellow ledbetter, its really a lot simpler of a song than it sounds like once you get the techniques down.

Lol I already know how to play under the bridge, over the hills and far away and parts of little wing. Thanks for that though.
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
errm sweet home Alabama uses kinda of a argpegiating for the G major chord but alternated every now and then slightly throughout the intro if thats what you mean
jimi hendrix-castles made of sand
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
pretty much any jazz song that has ever existed uses chord that are crazy. not just 7ths

like 5#7, and 9#13 chords.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club