Well, I really like the song Berkley Springs by Don Ross. I attempted playing the Standard tuning tab out there and was successful, but it doesnt sound as good and its hard on my fingers. Does anyone first of all know what tuning he is in and does anyone know where they could find the tabs for it. I might have posted this in the wrong forum, but i thought this place would be best considering the song is acoustic.
Well, I'll start by saying this guy is an unbelievable guitar player. I've seen him in concert twice now; he's a great guy - lives about 45 minutes from me. Anyway, this is a very accurate tab

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/d/don_ross/berkley_springs_guitar_pro.htm

He played it the last time I saw him, and I paid really close attention to see if he played it the same as this tab, and it was basically perfect as far as I could tell. I play the song all the time; it's beautiful

I think the tuning is... FACFCF instead of EADGBe, but I may be wrong. It says for sure in the tab. Good luck
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
See, thats where i'm running into a problem. I don't have guitar pro. And I usually just pick up songs by ear so decided not to buy it. I really don't want to spend 70 bucks or w/e, so if you can possibly transcribe it, i would be really happy. Btw i got the first couple of parts down already now that i know the tuning.

P.S. ur a hella of a lucky man to see him in concert. Thanx alot
So download the trail version here:

http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=download

and then get the guitarpro tab of it, and use that? This will work for sure, and I'd rather not have to tab it out for you if I don't have to - though if you can't get that to work I can tab out the main bits for you

And yea, I know I'm really lucky

edit: Using a mac, you're so innovative Anyway, you're very welcome - I live to serve.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Last edited by iain4444 at Jan 11, 2007,
Actually i downloaded the trial before so i can't do it again, but i do have an Apple computer downstairs So i'm just going to download the trial version there and learn the song. Btw thanx a lot for helping
While this topic is still fresh (ish),

Do any of you lovely Don Ross fans know where I can get my hands on tabs to 'Elevation Music'? I love that song so much. I can order it off Don's website but I live in the UK and it'll take ages to ship over!

btw. I can play Berkeley springs it's such a beautiful song.

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com
Quote by Matic
See, thats where i'm running into a problem. I don't have guitar pro. And I usually just pick up songs by ear so decided not to buy it. I really don't want to spend 70 bucks or w/e, so if you can possibly transcribe it, i would be really happy. Btw i got the first couple of parts down already now that i know the tuning.

P.S. ur a hella of a lucky man to see him in concert. Thanx alot

Dude, I know how you can get a free copy.

*PM Sent*
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?