Hey guys, i am looking to compile a list of about 40 wedding songs to learn. I am going to be playing at a wedding in the summer for a relative and i have about an hour. The reason i am looking for about 40 is because i'll be playing a few for certain and leaving the rest as choice and request. In advance, thanks for your suggestions.

But can i please say, no metal and no ridiculous ironic song names or stupid suggestions please.

Cheers!
when a man loves a woman
every rose has its thorn

the beatles and pink floyd may be good too
The Wedding Song, by Bob Dylan, is the most obvious one for me. You could play Against All Odds, by Phil Collins, or Everything I Do (I Do It For You), by Bryan Adams, for a bit of romantic cheese.
As above, Patience would be a good one, really simple too. How about writing something yourself for the occasion.

I hope these help.
Cheers so far.

At the moment i'm thinking more party oriented stuff to be honest, thats what i have been told to do too. For example, daydream believer, build me up buttercup. Apologies, i should have emphasised this a little more. But a few wedding focused ones wouldn't go a miss.

Again, thanks in advance.
-Every rose has its thorn
-A lot of beatles stuff
-I will survive
-Rolling stones stuff
Looking for a new sig!
Quote by Anorexorcists
come as you are-nirvana
Best of you-foo fighters
Nutshell-Alice in chains

Dude its a dam wedding !
Looking for a new sig!
^^More mainstream for parties, less on the rock, Acoustic, pop, 60s, 70s and 80s are general guidelines i suppose i could suggest.

Edit: Cheers samerika thats what i meant
all the songs i mentianed were played acoustic live. but w/e. How about Free Bird-lynyrd skynyrd or seasons in the sun-Terry jacks. or mrs- robinson., or where have all the flowers gone- wallflowers
Not so sure I agree with the above about Lynard Skynyrd or Terry Jacks, since both songs are about leaving their loved ones, in some way or another.

How about "I'm A Believer" by Neil Diamond (recorded more famously by the Monkees), or, if you want a slow-dance, "The Best Of Everything" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers?
I don't think you could go wrong with "A Little Help From My Friends" and "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" by the Beatles, or even "I Can't See Nobody" by the Bee Gees (really easy to play with an upbeat chorus too)...?
Layla by Derek and the Dominoes
Thank You by Led Zeppelin
And the Lemon Song XD