I know this question may sound stupid...but like 5mins ago I didn't even know that there was bass amps..lol

thanks!
USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. It's been asked several times before.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Yes, but eventually you'll wreck the speaker.

Most bassists just plug straight into the PA, try plugging into the Direct in of your computer or the AUX of your stereo.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
yep, we use my old Rouge RG65R for our bass and vocals (SAME GUY) we use a mic that has a 1/4 input
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
I know this question may sound stupid...but like 5mins ago I didn't even know that there was bass amps..lol

thanks!

Like Mr Garrison said, remember there are NO stupid questions....just stupid people

Bass through a guitar amp isn't advisable, the speakers can't usually handle the frequencies. Some people reckon you can get away with it at low volumes, but there's no guarantees and I wouldn't do it myself.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
if you have a high rated, closed back 4x12 cab then it will be fine as long as the volume isnt too excessive, i know a few people who play bass through marshall JCM900 stacks with no problems.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by xifr
Yes, but eventually you'll wreck the speaker.

Most bassists just plug straight into the PA, try plugging into the Direct in of your computer or the AUX of your stereo.

That's only cause we don't wanna haul our massive rigs around. Bass stuff is always heavier. But it usually sounds better when you DI through a head and use your cab(s) as monitors.

You can use and head, bass or guitar for bass. It's just the speakers. You would really be better off getting a bass cab if you're gonna play at high volumes. Heads can be anything as long as you have enough headroom. In the 60's and 70's alot of bassists usually just bought the same head as their guitarists and bought cabs loaded with bass speakers.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock