hey guys
so, I'm looking around for a tube amp that can take some distortion really well.
Probably looking for a Combo, cause i'm not exactly clear on the whole cab/head shmutz, and i dont need anything super loud. I'm into mainly alternative rock and the like
i've got a 50 watt Vox, and ima need something about that same loudness.
I'l be heading to the guitar place in chicago soon, so, could somebody point me in the right direction?
thanks in advance!
yeah, i've got gear too...
squier strat
squier tele
Ibanez rg4ex
Boss DS-1
Morely Bad Horsie Wah
Digitech Hot Head
Boss GE-7
Zoom G1X
Mesa Boogie 5:50 Express
Vox AD50vt
budget: $1000 US. tops
style: alternative rock, blink 182, sum 41, coheed and cambria, a lil tool. I'l be using the Vox for cleans though, i'm just looking for a better distortion'ly amp
specail needs: um... solid distortion-ness. an efect loop would be nice...
that's bout it
yeah, i've got gear too...
squier strat
squier tele
Ibanez rg4ex
Boss DS-1
Morely Bad Horsie Wah
Digitech Hot Head
Boss GE-7
Zoom G1X
Mesa Boogie 5:50 Express
Vox AD50vt
A classic 30 for alternative rock with a $1000 USD budget? Hardly.

Coheed gets kind of heavy, so maybe a 6505 would fit, except alternative rock doesn't need that kind of gain. You could try a JCM 900 or a 6505 if you really don't want cleans. You can get both in combo form.
^I didnt see his price range. Yeah, I would try out a JCM, or if your looking for just distortion, possibly go with a B-52 AT-212 with a re-tube. I played one of those, and it had pretty good distortion, but I dont think it had stock tubes in it.
i guess either a peavey 5150/6505 combo, mesa f-series, or genz-benz el diablo 60 watt combo- i hear the genz benz sells for close to list, though ($1400), so it may be over budget. you might get lucky, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^ I agree with Dave Mc. If you were European I'd say get an Engl Screamer Combo but they're probably over priced where you live.
^ yeah, i think the screamer is $1200 without the 6-button footswitch, $1400 with... and that's street price. I guess you have a slight chance of getting the Genz Benz for closer to budget than the screamer. if not, they're all worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?