I went to a meeting afterschool today for this club a bunch of girls at my school started. The club is meant to do fundraisers and the like to raise money to send to poor countries and everything. However, as I looked about the room and looked at the people walking in, I realized that the club consisted mostly of preps. Given that preps are typically rich and selfish, I really had to wonder what the hell they were doing there. It didn't help my disposition towards the thing that the girl who runs the show is a complete and utter moron. There really is no point to the story, I just felt like telling you guys about how much it sucks that a good intention has gone to waste on a bunch of stupid preps. Anyone had any similar experiences?
Not really, but I know this one girl who's dumb as a post. Maybe she has good intentions, but I'm pretty sure she's just a skank.

Not that hard on the eyes though.
how many preps do u know well enough to be able to judge that most are rich and selfish. and is the girl who runs it dumb because she talks like a prep or is she dumb because shes incapable of learning.
Quote by Leonheart
Ok....

So preps can't donate money to the needy?

well, it's not that i don't think they can do it. i just doubt that they really care about what they're doing and that they'll take it seriously.

EDIT: and besides, i'm familiar with a good deal of the people that were in there, and even if they do give some decent, generous help, they're the type that would only do it so they could say "like, oh my gawd, we're such good people!" in their stupid little valley girl accents. not that i'm saying they shouldn't give help, it would just be better if it was done for the right reasons.
Last edited by madbasslover at Jan 11, 2007,
just because they dont care dosent take away money from the needy their still getting wat they need
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
Yeah, I know the people you mean. I think some genuinely do care what happens though, not every prep is a total douchebag. Their social group doesn't prevent them from being people like you or me (for the record, I used to think pretty much the same thing as you, but if you spend time with them, as one would forced to be by AP classes, you have try to to tackle it from another angle). I do tend to think people in high school cliques tend to act pretty similar to each other, but they aren't identical people you know. Still, there are always a few who do these things because it looks good on college resumes and things like that, it's like pre-politics for the unenlightened.
dude why the heck you got to be dissin the preps . Not tryin to be mean man but i get along quite well with every clique or whatever. I can even stand the wiggars lol. But i can pretty much tell you out of every clique theres gonna be like atleast one prick.
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj
Yes, that's why it has big fangs, for tickling you with.

Quote by JC13
The banker has proposed an offer of FOUR BJ's...lucky911charms, Deal, or No deal?
There is this preppy girl at my school who is dumb as a rock. My friend Max is jewish. Around the holidays, she would come up to him and ask him about "Kwanzaa," and tell stupid Jesus jokes. His reaction made me laugh hysterically.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Did he burn her with a manorah?
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by Gman400
Did he burn her with a manorah?

I wish. Okay, extension to story. She comes up to him after the break was over, and starts asking him how his Kwanzaa was. He had already explained to her before break that he was Jewish, and Jewish people celebrated Hanukah(sp?) I guess you had to be there. Its funny as hell.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
LOL... Recently (2006) my grandmother walked by a Manorah, and of course, did what any good samaritan would do...light the rest of the candles!!!
Quote by $Guitarist$
I wish. Okay, extension to story. She comes up to him after the break was over, and starts asking him how his Kwanzaa was. He had already explained to her before break that he was Jewish, and Jewish people celebrated Hanukah(sp?) I guess you had to be there. Its funny as hell.

is it just me or does the word hannukah sound like a japanese/chinese/vietnamese weapon?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by SickMetal
Yeah, I know the people you mean. I think some genuinely do care what happens though, not every prep is a total douchebag. Their social group doesn't prevent them from being people like you or me (for the record, I used to think pretty much the same thing as you, but if you spend time with them, as one would forced to be by AP classes, you have try to to tackle it from another angle). I do tend to think people in high school cliques tend to act pretty similar to each other, but they aren't identical people you know. Still, there are always a few who do these things because it looks good on college resumes and things like that, it's like pre-politics for the unenlightened.

yeah you're right
I used to hate preps until I left high school. Now I'm laughing because I'm in college while they're working at the mall. Trust me, most preps do nothing after high school.
Yeah, don't sweat preppy kids, their pretty much idiots and it's not even worth worrying about, at least their donating money to a cause, you'll never know for sure if they care about it or not, but that really doesn't matter, their still contributing which is the most important part
Quote by madbasslover
I went to a meeting afterschool today for this club a bunch of girls at my school started. The club is meant to do fundraisers and the like to raise money to send to poor countries and everything. However, as I looked about the room and looked at the people walking in, I realized that the club consisted mostly of preps. Given that preps are typically rich and selfish, I really had to wonder what the hell they were doing there. It didn't help my disposition towards the thing that the girl who runs the show is a complete and utter moron. There really is no point to the story, I just felt like telling you guys about how much it sucks that a good intention has gone to waste on a bunch of stupid preps. Anyone had any similar experiences?

Most people would think of me as a prep as well. I have really high marks in school and teachers love me. So whats wrong with that might I ask. That is such a stereotype that preps are rich. I am the farthest thing from rich and its the same for my parents. So dont be so close minded.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help