Page 1 of 2
i had no idea where to put this.. so if it needs to be moved srry lol.... um...basically, how do u sing screamo? i did a google search amd couldnt find anything...our band really needs a screamer....liek really badly... biut noe one knwos how to... so any links or tips will be appreciuated
PTARMIGAN DUNE?
dont.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
How to sing screamo:
Cut yourself. Record it. Put it to annoying, unoriginal, whiny music.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
why do you want to sing screamo? that the new trend?
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
begin by stealing your girlfriends jeans, bleach them, and then cut strategically placed holes in them. next, die your hair an unnatural shade of black, and get thick ass square framed glasses. next, whine about as much of your teenage angst as possible, and then sing a little in the chorus.
Quote by STRAT811
How to sing screamo:
Cut yourself. Record it. Put it to annoying, unoriginal, whiny music.

how true +1 to strat guy
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
Do this magical thing, it's called screaming.

As in, push your voice as far as it can go, and hope it sounds good.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
scream...look up zen of screaming on youtube..helped me.....you have to use your chest do to it so there is no strain on your vocal chords otherwise they will get ****ed...best way to learn is to just experiment don't practice for like more thn 5 minutes or ull **** your voice, experiment trying to scream from different parts and using different mouth shapes...your screaming should be about as loud as you would normally sing...dont just try and yell coz ull damage your voice and get a headache...hope that helps
lol i know...thnx for the serious comment haha....but how do u keep it form sounding gay or liek squeeking or nayhting haha? an dlike....hwo do u chnage sounds and stuff? like hi's, low's, etc?
PTARMIGAN DUNE?
I love the way all of UG thinks they are offering help by telling someone that to sing screamo they need to scream. Its more than that, you need to be able to change your voice instantly from scream to singing, to high pitch, to low pitch. Its not as simple as just screaming your lungs out.....Unless ofcourse your trying to sing like Behemoth.

Im not a singer and i don't really have that much advice, all i know is that you need 2 things to do it, Natural talent and training. Without natural talent, training can only take you so far and vice versa. Practise switching from a high pitched scream to a alow pitched one. Then try and switch from high pitch scream to high singing and back to high scream. Do the same for low, then mess around with the highs and lows. Might not make much sense but try it and after a while you will learn how to do it.
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
uumm...i dont really getcha but if you wanna go higher or lower move up your chest and down your chest...all of this wont make sense until you actually no how to scream which is really helpful lol...i started a thread similar to this one a while back look it up...
but how do u keep it form sounding gay or liek squeeking or nayhting haha

i get you now....practise its really tho only way...like back when atreyu first started at alex couldnt scream very good but now he is my screaming idol and is good...ill get links of a video back in the day and now...so just practise lots..but if your throat hurts then you should stop and try again later....and alss drink some hot water and dont eat anything that would line your throat....

edit: this isnt the one that i was looking for and its not that bad but yeah worst i could find and i cant be bothered finding more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY0OdDuAkgc
and just search any video of atreyu live like recent years and it shuld be good
Last edited by _-Skeletor-_ at Jan 11, 2007,
dude who cares about the stereotypes that screamo bands have. some of them are original. just scream, then sing. make sure to have a good solo. and make sure the music itself is original.
dude who cares about the stereotypes that screamo bands have. some of them are original. just scream, then sing. make sure to have a good solo. and make sure the music itself is original

i don't think you have a clue what your talking about...you cant just scream and then get it right, unless your very naturally talented..it takes training and practice and shit..otherwise you wont be able to talk
Quote by _-Skeletor-_
i don't think you have a clue what your talking about...you cant just scream and then get it right, unless your very naturally talented..it takes training and practice and shit..otherwise you wont be able to talk

i was talking more on the stereotypes cuz the people before me whove posted were all like oh yeah steal your gf's jeans and wear eyeliner and all that blah blah yeah i know to be a good screamer you cant just scream from the throat thatll ****in hurt like hell. its gotta come from the diaphram like singing properly....screaming i think is harder than singing and so many people just say oh it all sounds the same i hate it when people judge it like that.
Don't. Death Metal is the way to go for screaming. And I can scream. I'm not sure how. I just can. Therefore Me > You (To threadstarter) Oh, and I have had no training or anything for screaming. I can just do it, and it rarely hurts at all.
Quote by 1The_Trooper1
Don't. Death Metal is the way to go for screaming. And I can scream. I'm not sure how. I just can. Therefore Me > You (To threadstarter) Oh, and I have had no training or anything for screaming. I can just do it, and it rarely hurts at all.

ive gotsa Q. how do you inhale and like scream? or do squeals? its difficult. my friends at school say ive got a really good scream and it never hurts. do you scream through your diaphram?
Inhaling = wrong way.

The air comes from the diaphragm, and you use your throat to shape the sound.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Wanna learn how to scream? Just don't. There's enough of that out there, learn how to actually SING!!! It's not as easy, but it sounds much more pleasant.
Shove a cock down your throat and gargle! Voila! Screamo!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
smoke lots of cigarettes and drink large quantities of whiskey straight. Then sing. presto.
Quote by Aussie Ghost
I love the way all of UG thinks they are offering help by telling someone that to sing screamo they need to scream. Its more than that, you need to be able to change your voice instantly from scream to singing, to high pitch, to low pitch. Its not as simple as just screaming your lungs out.....Unless ofcourse your trying to sing like Behemoth.

first one to actually not be an idiot. this was after a good number of posts. most of you phail.

as for screaming....maybe you can ask a local screamer or growler from hardcore or death metal bands. those people will most likely have some helpful techniques to tell you, instead of saying "just scream as hard as you can." that's not how screaming is at all.
ive asked a lot of people form local bands...most of them are 18 an ddicks.... so thye dont really help.... all ireally know is use ur diaphram/gut.... and whats been se don ehre so far llol...
PTARMIGAN DUNE?
Cut your balls off....it helped Metallica make shitty music, so it should do fine with what your trying to do.
I dont scream, The closest to screaming I get is thirty seconds from mars, and the only total exception being living dead beat by COB.
Some screaming, like the kind you hear in some hardcore punk, I cant think of examples, Afi's singer does it once in a while, comes from singing with a ton of moisture at what feels like the back of your mouth, and if you dont do it EVERY song the entire time, and take a break after doing it, You really will be fine.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Well where do you live?

I can scream Silverstein style...
Quote by demonic_fishie
Johnson's naturally have a small kink in them, but if you've got a ninety-degree bend in it you should get it checked.

But hey, at least you could piss round corners.
i live in so cal so i guess punk screamings the way to go.....jkjk does it matter where you live? what if like its like underoath where there is a screamer then a singer? i would hate to do both.
Page 1 of 2