I pretty much never played guitar in my life, and i'm thinking about getting into it. I dont have much of a budget. Something in the neighborhood of 150 for everything.
I know the bullet and the '51 are shit, but its probably the best i can get with a budget around 150 dollars. I'm still not sure if i would stick to guitar, but i would like to learn a bit.

So basically. Which would be better: A squier bullet or a squier '51?

I'm thinking of getting an amp like this http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/pr...full_sku=480704 or maybe a fender mini-tone master. Im sure those amps sound like shit as well, but i'm gonna be the only one hearing my playing, at least for a while until i can get decent.
i'd go with 51.....just for looks, since both of them aren't amazing, you could get a better guitar for that much, hell buy an ibanez starter pack for 100 and maybe a pedal or something with the extra 50
my buddy has a squire 51 i set it up sounds like a mexican fender now i havent heard of the bullets but make sure you replace the strings
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
Okay, so if you want to find good quality guitars in that range, you can totally get starter packs for that. 10 watt amp, picks, strap, guitar..the whole lot for $100-150ish on Musiciansfriend.com, I got my lovely Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse Special Electric off of there for $99.99. Also, anything over 99 bucks is free shipping. Enjoy
Gear: Schecter Damien FR
15W Crate amp
Danelectro FAB Distortion pedal
Quote by rizo299
This thread is a bit curve-full, as in it has lots of curves, but no point.
the 51 is actually a very good guitar especially for the price, they play decent, i played on at guitar, there basswood body and not agathis, hum an single for tonal veriaty, id say get the 51, even if you did have a lil more to spend, its actually really nice especially for the price
the 51' isnt shit. it's a good basswood guitar for $100.

the bullet is plywood.

also check out the dean evo $99. basswood guitar.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Evo-XM-Electric-Guitar?sku=519795

ur problem is that most of ur tone comes from ur amp.

usually id suggest a microcube for $125.

but maybe u can get a used randall amp or something for $50.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I think ill go with the '51. I personally like the look of it best. For an Amp, is silvertone a good amp brand?
nope. what;s ur amp budget, cause ur link didnt work
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

The Squier '51 is a real good guitar. For the money it is an incredible guitar. I have 2 of them, a Sunburst and a Blonde. Like others have said on this forum, w/o a good amp your sound will be shit with any guitar.
Quote by agent-47
Well, im aiming for 150-160 for the '51, amp, cable, tuner

ok well if ur going to a shop, my suggestions to u is to try all the 10W amps, find one with gain and an EQ if possible.
drive, peavey, silvertone, smokey mini, or maybe a dean headphone amp.

get something cheap to go with the guitar. used would be ur best bet if they have any, and get them to throw in a free cable, cause korg tuners are $20.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

The ska band the aquabats, played a squire 51.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
go for the 51
the bullet only has one humbucker..i think
and the 51 has a humbucker and a single coil
so its more for your money
plus its not as standard as the bullet
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
Ive never played the '51, but i can tell you that the bullets are pretty much the shittiest guitars ive ever seen and played in my life.
You could also look on music123.com for an Oscar Schmidt (made by Washburn), they're 150 dollar hollowbody guitars and completely superior to Squiers.
People off HC bum off the '51s.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The 51 is way better than the bullet, as far as squiers. I played a 51 at GC and it actually sounded pretty decent, and played pretty good... again, as far as squiers...
I think ill go with a silvertone smart IIIS amp. I plan to get my guitar and everything online, at zzounds.com

I dont plan to play like heavy metal or anything. I hope to be able to play some daphne loves derby, taking back sunday, red hot chili peppers. The most metal song i plan to play is probably ironman.