I am trying to play Incubus on my Ibanez but it just doesn't sound right.. I was wondering if I got a boss ds-1 pedal would it help the sound?
well mike uses a Jazzmaster & use to use PRS ... and all those effects
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
yeah I just saw a magazinewith him in it and he was playing that fender with the P-90's
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
that's a lot of pedals... I just want it to sound similar, not exactly .. That would cost like thousands of dollars.. Would a distortion pedal do anything whatsoever? And is it good to get anyways ?
It all depends on what song you're trying to nail. You have not provided what gear you are using, so I can't really point you in any direction.

Mike has changed his gear up quite a bit...the tone is a little cleaner, with more snap (mostly from the Fenders in combo with his new Vox AC30 amp). Most of the effects remain, although I believe he's added a Line6 POD and a couple of new stomps...some of this is viewable on the Live At Red Rocks DVD (there's also a Marshall in his backline as well). You can still get the tone without the multitude of effects...I'd say something in the Gibson family or similar coupled with a high-gain amp with an excellent clean channel to get his older PRS tone, or a single-coil equipped guitar from the Fender camp with a JCM800 or Fender Deluxe with an overdrive box for the newer stuff. If you can afford his exact gear, then go for it.

As for effects, I'd say the essential setup would be two phasers, a decent delay and a ring modulator (he uses his quite a bit). I've had a pretty good go at his sound with my GT-8 running into the power amp section of my Fender HRD.
I have the Ibanez Shred Hed pack, It doesn't even give me the model of the guitar nor does it give me the model of the amp.. That's the only "gear" I have... I want to learn quite a bit first before I upgrade my guitar/amp. I'm trying to nail some songs from Morning view, primarily Circles...So that's what I got.
Quote by Ronisonce
I have the Ibanez Shred Hed pack, It doesn't even give me the model of the guitar nor does it give me the model of the amp.. That's the only "gear" I have... I want to learn quite a bit first before I upgrade my guitar/amp. I'm trying to nail some songs from Morning view, primarily Circles...So that's what I got.

circles should be pretty easy to get, but getting the tone out of your amp may be a challenge. The DS-1 might be able to help you out, but I'd try it with your amp first, or take advantage of Guitar Center's return policy.
I didn't purchase the guitar from Guitar Center, personally I don't think I ever would. I don't like how anyone can walk in there and take down ANY guitar and play it, if I bought a guitar I would want to know that it was BRAND new.. Not used by tons of people
Quote by Ronisonce
I didn't purchase the guitar from Guitar Center, personally I don't think I ever would. I don't like how anyone can walk in there and take down ANY guitar and play it, if I bought a guitar I would want to know that it was BRAND new.. Not used by tons of people

I'm not talking about your guitar and amp...I'm saying that you could take advantage of that return policy to check out the DS-1.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
No ****ing way.

They're tone cannot possibly be that complicated.

how much incubus have you listened to?

as stated before, the ds-1 would be a good choice for a pedal because you can get a lot of different tones from it, including some incubus.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
No ****ing way.

They're tone cannot possibly be that complicated.

Sure it can. Have you heard how processed they sound?
all there songs are full of echo/phase ... he usually has 15-20 pedals. he always has a unique sound. but the older songs dont use that many pedals
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by Pacifica112J
Sure it can. Have you heard how processed they sound?

Sterile.
Yea, I'm just looking fo something to give me somewhat similar sound. I'm learning circles, and I think it uses quite a bit of distortion, plus a ds-1 is good for future songs