I am in a metal/hard rock band and me and the other guitarist are thinking of buying bigger amps now that we are gigging more. We want all tube amps, and have heard a lot of good things about the Peavey 6505 plus and of course Marshalls. What is a better choice for a metal band, it doesn't have to be one of these two. The price range should be under 2000 for the head and cabinet.
Peaveys aren't overpriced like marshalls, and the 6505 is great. Mesa Boogie also makes some really really good metal amps to.

But whatever you choose, please try it out and don't buy off the internet.
Do a search, there are 1000's of threads exactly like this on this forum. You will find what you need
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
peavey is a real good company because they have amazing tone quality without the extra prices attached. The JSX head is the most rediculously good deal i've ever seen in an amp head. I've played through it personaly and it has the type of metal tone that just gets goosebumps on your arm.
ya, get the 6505. definitely. i played one and it sounds great.
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
played a 6505 the other day and it was a metal tonal orgasm my son, not as good as a framus or hughes and kettner but pretty damn good
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
I'd say get an ENGL powerball.Versatile.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by pierce34celtic
also list some of the tones you're looking for: Metal and hard rock are much too generic.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by IlIk2plygUItAr
Peaveys aren't overpriced like marshalls, and the 6505 is great. Mesa Boogie also makes some really really good metal amps to.

Depends where you live tard...
i have a 6505 + and it destroys.......so much gain and beef.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
^^^^omg dude its so amazing haha.....i have an LTD as you can see and it has a thinner neck and the schecter has a chunkier neck.....but the thing is im way more comfortable on the schecter....and i could play better with it.....its sick....get one ahahha
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
JSX Ftw.

Just go try a bunch out and see what you like the best.

/generic advice
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
ya i got the black cherry one also......took 4 months to recieve ahahha
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore