Thinking of buying a new pedal (probably the Digitech DF-7 and possibly something else) from an overseas Ebay store because if I buy here in Australia it would cost almost double the amount. Feedback is 99.9% positive.

Opinions?
Ibanez JTK1 in Butterscotch
Ibanez SAS36FM
Roland Cube40 Chorus
a friend of mine ordered all the parts for jackson guitar separately on eBay and put it together himself, and didnt have a problem with a single one
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
I've had continual bad luck with eBay (see my I. Hate. Ebay. thread), but I know some people that have absolutely no trouble with it.

If the seller has that high positive feedback, they're probably safe. The seller I had trouble with was more than reasonable about sending the amp back/trying to get it fixed. I won't buy from eBay again, but I'm not pissed at the seller.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
I've bought a handful of pedals on eBay. I'll buy another as soon as I decide what I want. If it's a store, they're dependent on positive feedback. I wouldn't hesitate.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Go for it!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I would never buy something from there...Idk why. Just not my thing. I have to play whatever Im buying first.

But anyways, its 50/50 from what Ive heard. I know A LOT of people that have gotten ripped off like crazy (I work at a music shop...I hear eBay horror stories everyday) and I know of a lot of people who are very pleased with it.

My dad bought a 24' sailboat off eBay...so...lol
^I'm with Andy.....

Trying is buying.....
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I've bought 2 amps and 2 guitars over ebay...and I've also sold several guitars and amps.

Its totally safe. People live and die by feedback. They aren't going to risk their ebay career to screw one person over a couple 100 bucks. In the long run they make much more money staying honest and keeping positive feedback.

And if they do screw you...contact ebay...they'll track them down and take legal action.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by bluespunkmetal
^I'm with Andy.....

Trying is buying.....

Sure, try the pedal out locally, but then get the best deal you can from wherever.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
get a dgitech rp 250 get more bang for your buck
Gear

Axe : Washburn A 20v with floyd rose trem and seymor duncan pickup

Amp: shittie Peavy rage

Bass: Hack one

Acoustic : Yamaha fg 300 a

coming around xmas digitech rp 250
Quote by Jazman
get a dgitech rp 250 get more bang for your buck

He was asking about eBay reliability, not what pedal to purchase. And don't always recommend those; some people like individual pedals.
Ebay is normally quite reliable.
The only time we had a problem was when we were buying a nice electro acoustic from there, the bastard took our money and kept the guitar. We got the money back, but i wanted the guitar.
but we have bought pedals off of there and they have been fine.
Ebay is fine, just don't get the digitech, that's the real problem
I like straberry pie

don't you?

Proud founder of the PedoBear fan club. PM me to join

10000+ Free webcam girls at:
camgirls.uk