I just got my Vox AD50VT and I was wondering if anyone wanted to help me get a david gilmour tone and a RHCP tone Thanks
GEAR:
Gibson Faded V (Dimarzio EVO(B) and GFS Hot Liverpool(N) coiltap in neck)
Squier Mahogany HSS Strat
Squier BSB tele
Bogner 2X12
Vox AD50VT
EPI VJ head
I have a variety of pedals PM if you have to know.

Looking for a new head!
^ already did i tried a few out but they didnt sound very good
GEAR:
Squier BSB tele
Bogner 2X12
Vox AD50VT
EPI VJ head

Looking for a new head!
Oh ok sorry, I own a Valvetronix but that music isn't my style so I can't really help you.
ok cheers for trying to help anyways
GEAR:
Squier BSB tele
Bogner 2X12
Vox AD50VT
EPI VJ head

Looking for a new head!
Holy crud, is there a site for roland cubes presets?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
David's tone comes more from the notes he plays over the chords than his exact rig really.

Just study his songs. And set your amp to a mostly clean tone with a bit of breakup when you hit double stops hard.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Make sure you're using the right pickup position too, people always forget that's a huge part of peoples sounds.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Make sure you're using the right pickup position too, people always forget that's a huge part of peoples sounds.

Which for Gilmour is the bridge pickup of a Strat more often than not.

The site codybcool posted is really good. On a completely unrelated side note, it is also the site that introduced me to Sound City amps .
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
I was looking at those Calum, the guy claims they sound almost identical to Hiwatt's. I'm a bit sceptical but very interested to hear one!

As for the ongoing Gilmour discussion here, it's worth noting that Gilmour's tone changes depending on the era. For instance, '85+ and he had more of a thick, not-quite-humbucker-not-quite-singlecoil sound going on with the EMG's.
Quote by codybcool
I was looking at those Calum, the guy claims they sound almost identical to Hiwatt's. I'm a bit sceptical but very interested to hear one!

When I get round to making my speaker cabinet for my L120 head, I'll record some stuff on it and upload em on here.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.