I just got an VJ and want to mod it. I'm new to moding amps, so my question is how do you discharge caps? I heard they can shock you shitless if you don't.
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
what are you going to be doing? I put a volume mod on my amp.. and i didnt have any problems about touching the caps or anything.
Gear:

American Strat
Epiphone Valve JR head - Volume Mod'ed
Custom 1x12 with Private Jack speaker
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Ebow

Gretsch Acoustic
I was going to add that low and high gain swith on it like kerry did to his
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
those are good mods.. you can use 1 meg resistor to "bleed out" the charge in the cap. Hold( using insulated pliers) the ceramic part of the resistor and touch the legs of the resistor to the legs of the cap. Hold it there for about 2 minutes and you should be safe.

You need to do this to all the capaciters. However, I do not assume the caps have enough current in them to hurt you that bad. Better safe than sorry though!
Gear:

American Strat
Epiphone Valve JR head - Volume Mod'ed
Custom 1x12 with Private Jack speaker
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Ebow

Gretsch Acoustic
New Valve Juniors have bleeder caps in them that should keep you safe, but the link posted above is how I discharge caps. Its a good practice to get into to discharge any caps on anything you are working on.

And yes, most tube amps dont have bleeders in them so they hold an electrical charge for quite a while and it IS a lethal current. So my suggestion to you is to get into good and safe work practices when working with this stuff, because it can and if your not carefull will kill you.