I got my fender bassman head today, but i havnt got the cabinet yet. I know not to turn the amp all the way on without a load, but would turning it to standby just to make sure it powers up and all hurt it?
Gear:
Gibson SG Faded Special
American Strat
Fender Bassman 100
Vox Wah
Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
DOD 250 Overdrive
Ernie Ball Volume

Band
Dont even try it. Something bad might go wrong, I dont know if its bad to turn it on standby, but dont even tempt fate.
dont do it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I think many people here make it out to be a bit worse than it really is.

Ofcourse, it is always suggested to run a head with a proper load.

I guess it really depends on the stability of your amp, but I have ACCIDENTALLY powered on my Mesa Dual recto without plugging in into the cab, and nothing has ever happened. I've absent-mindedly done this a few times

If you're in no rush, you'd be safest not to try it, but if you really wanna check if it works, I don't see anything happening.
i just dont see a reason to risk it SZ. how is seeing the little orange light coming on worth running the head without a load.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
my fear is that it's sometimes hard to tell whether you have the thing on standby or not till you've tried it a few times- you could have it on and think it's on standby. safer to wait, basically.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?