pick a song by slayer and record your version of it. you can play guitar or bass and add drums or vocals to your recording. there are no limitations to any particular song, everyone knows rainingblood and it never gets old so if everyone does rainingblood thats fine with me. you can send them to me, but my internet is slow as shit, so if someone has high speed and wants to be the host just post saying you want to be host ( first comer ) . deadline is Jan. 26
Yeah I would be interested in taking part! Err not sure what I'd cover either Angel Of Death or South Of Heaven I would imagine.
What would the judgin criteria be?
those are both bad ass songs ..... i got into an accident while listening to angle of death though haha it sucked and it happened right on cue to ..... ' watch out ' got hit out of nowhere head on ' angel of death '. im not sure what judging criteria will be ..... i guess

- overall sound

- speed / length ( if you do it above or below slayer's time ..... but nothing to fast to where it ruins the song )

- ability / how well you play it ( your own origional additions to the song are fine too, like slides, harmonics, etc., just as long as you play the whole song )
Fucking Metal all the time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

music page
Hmm ok that sounds cool, solos won't be note for note mind, I mean that's pretty much impossible considering Slayer's soloing style and all!
ya thats cool, shit you could play an entire different solo or just play one of yours if it fits. almost all of the solos are different everytime they are played anyways

music page
god damn matt yours was ****ing amazing, the solo and riffs were the shit, jeff would be proud haha ..... my computer wont load lugzz for some reason though, so i cant say who gets my vote yet. i almost forgot about this and recorded my song just now, the solo is nothing like slayer's rainingblood, i just recorded it all in one take and just played whatever was on my mind and the drums i added sound like crap, i played a different outro too. im trying to upload it to my music page right now, just to make sure its up in time ..... link in sig

music page
Last edited by Jdawg5tl at Jan 23, 2007,
i've tried my link on my pc and on a friends....seems to work good for me....there is Seasons in the Abyss and South of Heaven on there....let me know if it works for you
damn nice lugzz, i love the toms and the sound of your guitar ..... sounds good. u use real drums? thats one hell of a drummer if u did

music page
my vote goes to luggz. yours was bad ass to though matt, i guess everyone just votes and who ever has the most wins, if their is a tie ill just leave this thread open until someone who comes in and listens to all 3 songs and votes

music page
hey thnx jdawg....i made the drums on fruity loops....recorded the bass and guitar myself....gotta say the entries so far are pretty good.....good luck everyone