I've been learning major and minor scales and been working on fretboard memorization. I like tuning down to Eb, so when I learn scales (I'm working on A major/minor scales and all positions), should I learn them a half-step down, or learn them in E?

Thanx in advance.
Crit 4 Crit:
Melodic Death--Broken Mortal
Melodic Death--Lost in the Wind
Thrash--Inner Demons

Quote by societies_worm
the sad thing is not only is this guy a dumbass, but he is going to get more replies than i ever have, but thats is funny too
learn them however you want. slash tunes down and he still has the pentatonics in the same place so y'know whatever key your in.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
K. One more question that might clarify it better for me, tho you answered it I think. If I wanna play A minor penta. If I tune down half-step, will the root be at the 4th fret or 5th?
Crit 4 Crit:
Melodic Death--Broken Mortal
Melodic Death--Lost in the Wind
Thrash--Inner Demons

Quote by societies_worm
the sad thing is not only is this guy a dumbass, but he is going to get more replies than i ever have, but thats is funny too
If you mean the E string, it would be the sixth fret. You tune down a semitone, you move up a semitone.
^Yep. That applies everywhere on the fretboard. If its 7th fret in standard, its 8th fret down a semitone etc