Page 1 of 2
How is it stupid? To look at the vastness of our universe and be arrogant enough to think you are the only life around is ridiculous.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
yeh most liekly they just better ot be better then us...
PTARMIGAN DUNE?
I find it hard to believe that in the entire whole universe we are the only source of intelligent life. And all those people that see strange stuff in the sky i dont reckon they all managed to be a lie or a coincidence
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
I dont think there are aliens.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by Vornik
How is it stupid? To look at the vastness of our universe and be arrogant enough to think you are the only life around is ridiculous.

What a cliche response. No, I don't believe in aliens.
MG Free At Last
YEs I do. I think Aliens exist, we just don't have any proof.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by ljplum12
What a cliche response. No, I don't believe in aliens.

It may be cliched, but it's also true. Look at how small our solar syatem is, then look at the milky way. Then look at the infinite other galaxies. We can't be the only intelligent life.

I can't even imagine a universe going forever...It's almost, if not, completely impossible.
Yeah, in fact there on of my greatest fears. At the same time, i think the subject is extremely interesting. I live in a corn field too which sucks.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
IMO: Do they exist? Yes
Has a human ever seen an alien or vice versa? Probably not
I can't even imagine a universe going forever...It's almost, if not, completely impossible

not saying your worng, but just giving you something to think about. imagine what is beyond the universe. I just sit and think about this stuff sometimes. it freaks me out. haha
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

Quote by Vornik

amen, i would love to meet someone from other planet or galaxy,

have you heard about that message coming from a star a few years ago,

Edit:http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=318
Last edited by deluxity at Jan 12, 2007,
So, what are the odds, if the universe has been around forever, that aliens have not yet discovered us? Surely, if there are other races who have "evolved" chances are there is a race that has evolved technologically enough to reach us?
MG Free At Last
Quote by Shredlet
I find it hard to believe that in the entire whole universe we are the only source of intelligent life. And all those people that see strange stuff in the sky i dont reckon they all managed to be a lie or a coincidence

Good point, however if there were other more intelligient life that us we probably would be dead allready. It would be a Extreme coincidence if both humans and another intelligient alien species appeared and technologically evolved at relatively the same rate.

Unless the War of the Worlds plot is upon us.(in which the aliens are just wating to annihilate us)
So, what are the odds, if the universe has been around forever, that aliens have not yet discovered us? Surely, if there are other races who have "evolved" chances are there is a race that has evolved technologically enough to reach us?

just because weve never seen them dosnt mean theyve never seen us. we dont know anyhting about this stuff. they could be so advanced and fast that we wouldnt even notice them. they could take the form of other things. the possibilities are endless.
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

Quote by Fender_punk
just because weve never seen them dosnt mean theyve never seen us. we dont know anyhting about this stuff. they could be so advanced and fast that we wouldnt even notice them. they could take the form of other things. the possibilities are endless.

Including the possibilty that our planet is one in a trillion, or gazillion, or infinity, and that we are the only planet with life.....
MG Free At Last
I think there are aliens, the odds of Earth being the only planet in all of space with living creatures on it is incredibly small.

--Masochist Lust
Yes I do beleive there are alien species out there.

On my Master of Puppets cd, the Master of Puppets song has like a ghost inside the song. During the instumental part(the interlude) I heard two giggles and "click of the mouth".

No I'm not confusing it with the many voice recordings inside the song. I think it might be from an alien..........
well, in the scriptures, they never come out and say it, but it certainly hints other life. God says that he is not from earth but from above. there are spirits living somewhere (according to my catholic religion) in a place called heaven. where is this heaven? not on earth i should think. as far as what we think of when we say "aliens" i think there is no such thing as little green men going around with super advaced technology abducting humans every now and then. i believe in spiritual worlds.
Quote by FaDe2bLaCk242
well, in the scriptures, they never come out and say it, but it certainly hints other life. God says that he is not from earth but from above. there are spirits living somewhere (according to my catholic religion) in a place called heaven. where is this heaven? not on earth i should think. as far as what we think of when we say "aliens" i think there is no such thing as little green men going around with super advaced technology abducting humans every now and then. i believe in spiritual worlds.

Alternate dimensions is a whole different cup of soup.
MG Free At Last
Including the possibilty that our planet is one in a trillion, or gazillion, or infinity, and that we are the only planet with life.....

yeah even this. you really can't rule anyhting out because theres so little we know about the subject.
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

Quote by The_Raven
Very true. Who says the have not?
There are a wealth of books and websites on the internet covering this matter (just search Google- although, sadly many fakes arise) and it goes to show that there are many cases (if you choose to believe them) which say that extraterrestrial craft, beings- or indeed both!- have visited our planet.

Have you ever heard of such incidents as: one Renato Nicolai's crops being dramatically affected by a UFO landing on his field? Or the so called " Inavasion at Voronezh", many alien and UFO sightings being reported in a breif time? The Roswell incident (possibly the most famous UFO/Alien incident) is another interesting extraterrestrial episode worth checking out.

So perhaps alien crafts and/or entities have visited us ljplum12 !!!

Oooh good one, maybe I AM an alien, trying to dissuade you of my existance!!! As far as the Roswell incident, my hometown is 30 miles away from Roswell, and I assure you there was no Roswell incident. There are plenty of conspiracy theories about aliens, but mostly it's a money making tool. I'm not here to tell you what to believe, just think you should think before you make assumptions.
MG Free At Last
Why would they cut it up and make a video out of it instead of showing the world that they exist? Someone made an interesting comment about the odds that the species would have the same type of facial features as a human.
MG Free At Last
i know this sounds stupid but i think we are either an atom or a sub-atom on some greater beings body/world. that means we could have intellagent life in our fingernail. but you know how we destroy the planet? maybe we are like a virus of bacteria of something.
Quote by captainjackass
i know this sounds stupid but i think we are either an atom or a sub-atom on some greater beings body/world. that means we could have intellagent life in our fingernail. but you know how we destroy the planet? maybe we are like a virus of bacteria of something.

Makes for an interesting philosphical debate, but is entirely unrealistic.
MG Free At Last
Quote by Beebo
I saw some show on Discovery Channel earlier about aliens. I think it's stupid....Discuss.

I think an even better question is "do you believe in magic, and i hope you do"
but no i dont believe in aliens
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
i dont beleive that aliens fly around in giant frisbees and are trying to conquer the universe by waging wars on other planets........ but i do beleive there is other lifeforms like us out there, just not in our solar system.... personally i think there is 1 planet of intelligent life in each solar system
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Hell yes I do. If Earth is the only planet with living creatures in the universe, then that sucks. That's pretty messed up because humans have ****ed it all up.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
I think extra-terrestrial life forms probably exist.

But ever notice how alien spaceship sightings tend to take place around (sometimes secret) military installations? And since when did the phrase "Unidentified Flying Object" mean "Alien Spacecraft"? Seems to me the two have become virtually interchangeable. It's all hype, and I don't believe any alien spacecraft have been sighted on Earth.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
yes i do.
from all the billions and zillions and infinite worlds in the universe, isn't thinking that the earth is the only one with smart life forms, while we only know 10 planets from all the universe, a bit selfish and dumb?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

who is to say there is no life in the bigass universe besides us... but then again, who is to say there is. this day and age with all the freaky people around how can u trust the people that say they saw an alien.... i know my dad once saw an oval shaped red light in the sky and it stayed there for a few minutes (he was driving) then all of a sudden it shot off horizontally across the sky.... hes not paranoid and he doesnt go around telling everyone and writing books and telling the news etc.
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
lol...

i wrote an entire 4.5 page esay on shit like this...

to sum it up:
-the aliens(and us) are cancer or a different virus.
-planets are cells
=we destroy the cells(pollution, thats what the essay was based on, but with a major twist.)
-the universe is a huge animal
-there are infinate universes
-wormholes (my theory) transport from universe to universe instead of point in one universe to another point in the same universe

lol, the essay won me 50 bucks in a local contest and it was submitted by the school board to oprahs essay contest... i hope i won.

it wad a great essay.

the teacher said it was her best essay in her 21 years of teaching...
The odds are that there is extraterrestrial life. Hell it's practically a given. I don't believe Earth has ever been visited. At least there is no credible proof of alien visitation. I do think that maybe one or two alien civilizations know we are here. I just think they have some kind of code of ethics when it comes to interfering with up and coming societies. I think once humanity gets it's act together and is ready to become part of the galactic community these aliens may welcome us. Until then they probably have a wait and see what happens mentallity when it comes to us.

Wouldyou Like to Know more?
Last edited by magicninja_ at Jan 12, 2007,
Are there other intelligent species? Its possible? Does the Loch Ness Monster exist? Its possible? Is there one god? its possible.
The universe is infinite. Therefore, there are an infinite number of possibilities for a biosphere that can support life other than this one. So yeah, I believe in aliens.
Quote by Shredlet

I think you're right to an extent. There's certainly, almost positively more intelligent life in this vast universe, but I doubt any of those lifeforms have ever ventured to our planet in the iconic spaceships we see in Hollywood.

I believe "aliens" exist, but I do not believe in alien abductions and encounters.

Quote by Altered_Carbon
The universe is infinite. Therefore, there are an infinite number of possibilities for a biosphere that can support life other than this one. So yeah, I believe in aliens.

To our comprehension it is infinite, but we're not so advanced that we couldn't later (I mean a long time into the future) realise it is perfectly finite.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I don't know what an intelligent race of aliens would want to do with us, seeing as how much primitive violence is dominating our world right now.

You thought it was hard for people accept gays? Try a new species.

I still want the mothership to land in washington. That'd be so 1950's UFO movie.
Page 1 of 2