I have perchaced the DigiTech DF-7, this peddle emulates 7 diffrent peddals:
1. Ibenez TS-9
2. DOD Overdrive/preamp 250
3. Boss DS-1 Distortion
4. Pro Co Rat
5. Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
6. DigiTech Metal Master
7. Electro-Harmonix Big Muff

i was hoping someone could tell me which setting would sound best with the songs we are playing... any ideas?

thank you in advance,
Filkove
You're a new guitarist, you went out and bought 7 pedals, and you can play those songs? What the hell?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by filkove
Hello, i am a new guitarest, i just joind a band and we are doing some covers:

Stone Temple Pilots - Plush
Chevelle - Comfortable Liar
Drowning Pool - The Game
Godsmack - Keep Away
Helmet - Unsung
Killswitch Engaged - The End Of Heartache
Megadeath - Symphony of Destruction
Velvet Revolver- Slither
Metallica - Whiskey In The Jar

I have perchaced the DigiTech DF-7, this peddle emulates 7 diffrent peddals:
1. Ibenez TS-9
2. DOD Overdrive/preamp 250
3. Boss DS-1 Distortion
4. Pro Co Rat
5. Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
6. DigiTech Metal Master
7. Electro-Harmonix Big Muff

i was hoping someone could tell me which setting would sound best with the songs we are playing... any ideas?

thank you in advance,
Filkove

Sorry, but digitech sucks, so none of them will sound very good
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

when I had that pedal i definatly used either 5 or 6 alot
i forget
but if you put everything to 12'oclock and go through them all, its the one with the INSANE gain.
if you turn gain down to about 2
bass - 6
mid - 8
mid freq - 6
treble - 9

thats what worked for alot of my metal
but it all depends on pickups/amp

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
well in all honesty

only the metal zone mightve been good but not from that mult FX

if you had one thatas been modded by keeley and have a halfstack to use the ultra setting on then it would work pretty good for most of those

but yeah that pedal aint that great for waht u wanna do
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
You're a new guitarist, you went out and bought 7 pedals, and you can play those songs? What the hell?

No no no... its one peddal that emulates 7. i've only been playing for about 10 months.

Quote by JanickClone
when I had that pedal i definatly used either 5 or 6 alot
i forget
but if you put everything to 12'oclock and go through them all, its the one with the INSANE gain.
if you turn gain down to about 2
bass - 6
mid - 8
mid freq - 6
treble - 9

thats what worked for alot of my metal
but it all depends on pickups/amp

Thanks for the input... is there a websight or anything tah tells what band is using what pedel?
Quote by Haha, Crackhead

He said the pedal emulates those 7 pedals. As for setting well, it is all preference really. Some like to play with raw crunchy metal sounds no matter what song they are covering, while others make acoustics outta everything. Play around with the settings and give it your own tone. The point of a cover is to make your own rendition of a song you like
Quote by filkove
No no no... its one peddal that emulates 7. i've only been playing for about 10 months.

Ah, 10 months. I thought you meant you just started playing. That makes much more sense. Anyway, for Metallica and Megadeth, scoop your mids. That'll get you close to their tone.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Ah, 10 months. I thought you meant you just started playing. That makes much more sense. Anyway, for Metallica and Megadeth, scoop your mids. That'll get you close to their tone.

And since youve only been playing for 10 months, you might not know what this is. Bring your mids on your amp to 0, and your bass and treb to max or something high.
Quote by insideac
And since youve only been playing for 10 months, you might not know what this is. Bring your mids on your amp to 0, and your bass and treb to max or something high.

what will that do? should i do that on the peddle as well?
It would help if you told us what kind of guitar and amp you're using. Although I don't know if anyone could top "Digitech sucks" for helpful advice.

I wish UG had a spellcheck feature.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Last edited by fatgraymatt at Jan 12, 2007,
Quote by filkove

Itll give you a tone with less crunch, really. Itll be heavy but with little crunch. No dont do it on the pedal. The pedal knobs shouldnt be maxed out. It also reduces the extra noise produced.
Last edited by insideac at Jan 12, 2007,
Quote by filkove

It tends to get rid of muddiness and gives kind of a searing tone. Hard to explain. Maybe insideac can elaborate better.

Actually, if all your distortion is coming from the pedal, you don't have to do it on the amp. Just the pedal.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

Quote by fatgraymatt
Nope, it's one pedal that emulates the sound of 7 pedals.

Thanks. But, I realized that after the 4th person told me. In fact, I noticed it right after I posted. I was just too lazy to edit.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

Quote by fatgraymatt
Nope, it's one pedal that emulates the sound of 7 pedals.

Thread starter: it would help if you told us what kind of guitar and amp you're using. Although I don't know if anyone could top "Digitech sucks" for helpful advice.

I wish UG had a spellcheck feature.

I have a Peavey Signature series Guitar, i have a Crate Amp and Hlafstack GT1200H here is a pic
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Thanks. But, I realized that after the 4th person told me. In fact, I noticed it right after I posted. I was just too lazy to edit.

That was me, sorry.
Thanks all for your help... dropping the mids really did a lot! i never knew that, learning new stuff every day I LOVE IT!
No problem, credit goes to whoever mentioned it. Some people will bag on you for doing that, as they think its for noobs, but dont listen to them. Do what you like best.
hey... everybody is a noob at one point... i'm a noob and i admit it.... you got to start somewhere.

thanks again.
Quote by filkove
Thanks all for your help... dropping the mids really did a lot! i never knew that, learning new stuff every day I LOVE IT!

Scooping the mids is necessary for a metal sound but keep in mind you'll want to dial back in at least SOME mids when you play with your band if you don't want to get lost in the mix.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.