Let the jokes run free....

edit: You were the guy who posted the intro thread, I don't hate them, they're pretty cool, but someone in the band has to be the butt of every joke.
yo.

I BELIEVE
they beat rounded things with large sticks, that's just sexy

Edit: just know to drummers, my ex-girlfriend an his old best friend

both used to be cool and now they're just annoying,

my ex-girlfriend calls me a posser almost for everything especially if i'm listening to any of her favorite bands

the other guy, was in my band, but he quit cause the other guitarist didn't have a nice amp

that's my impression on drummers
Last edited by deluxity at Jan 12, 2007,
Haha, seriously i want to know what guitarists think of drummers, cause drummers have there own views on guitarist.....
pretty damn cool, i will be getting a drum set soon. my goal is to play like amon amarths drummer. have you heard him? hes insanely talented, fast and inventive
Quote by diablo_man
pretty damn cool, i will be getting a drum set soon. my goal is to play like amon amarths drummer. have you heard him? hes insanely talented, fast and inventive

Yeah not totally my type of music but, when you become a half decent drummer you find that being fast isnt everything to drumming. Gotta be able to put it in the pocket if you know what i mean...
my drummers keep quitting the day before a big gig that happened to me twice.. but i like drummers but you need em but all the ones i had are gay
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
he actually isnt that fast but very inventive, ive heard nothing like it. check out the drum fill about a minute into "the beheading of a king" and "death in fire"
Quote by Dimebag22
my drummers keep quitting the day before a big gig that happened to me twice.. but i like drummers but you need em but all the ones i had are gay

Yeah that can be a problem some times.
I like drummers who will take small solos once in a while and add interesting fills, like Neil Peart, Keith Moon, Jason Rullo, and Mike Portnoy. A decent drummer is essential to about every form of music from the past hundred years.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Quote by Quintessence153
I like drummers who will take small solos once in a while and add interesting fills, like Neil Peart, Keith Moon, Jason Rullo, and Mike Portnoy. A decent drummer is essential to about every form of music from the past hundred years.

Mike Portnoy is that man, he defiantly nows his way around the kit, Im a Fiend for DT.
Quote by deluxity
they beat rounded things with large sticks, that's just sexy

I wouldn't say large sticks. They're kind of small. But size doesn't matter. It's how they use their sticks
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
you at a party wasted with hot girls all over you "Pizzas here"
your best friend "okay I'll get it"...he opens the door and sees the pizza guy...
your best friend "hey, dont you play drums"
pizza guy sighs sadly "Yeah..."
A good drummer will make fun of a guitarist who "needs no metronome".
If you want to play rock, A drummer's essential. Or a drum machine, but its not quite the same.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
I'm a drummer so yeah, i like drummers. i've been playing for a couple months now and i'm not that bad, considering i only get to play on my friend's set every once in a while.

llama_edit:
i'm the drummer in our band so that's when i get to play them, when we jam.
Quote by Paz363
Yeah that can be a problem some times.

yah but we practice for like 3 or 4 months and the day before the gig their like "oh i dont like this song" and quite on us
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Roger Taylor is a rare thing in rock music.

Because he's "An intelegente and articular drummer".
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Paz363
Haha, seriously i want to know what guitarists think of drummers, cause drummers have there own views on guitarist.....

share them, dont worry im a bassist
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by Paz363

haha, i've never thought about it like that...it's weird for me cause i play guitar and drums....so it's like, what would i think of myself whilst i'm playing drums if i was playing guitar....?
Quote by stringmagician
You don't know drums if you haven't heard Jimmy Chamberlin.

wow, you're awesome. Smashing Pumpkins is my favorite band and Jimmy is, for the most part, an underrated drummer. just because he doesn't do super 20 minute solos (nothing against Bonzo...)
Quote by llama_guitarist
wow, you're awesome. Smashing Pumpkins is my favorite band and Jimmy is, for the most part, an underrated drummer. just because he doesn't do super 20 minute solos (nothing against Bonzo...)

Yes! I knew I liked you for a reason other than your VG cats avatar.
Where I live, drummers are like prima donnas. There's only a handful of them and they know they can actually choose with whom to play... bastards.