For some reason, I keep screwing up this one problem..mayhaps someone or ones could help me out?

[ -2 3] [ -1 0 3]
[ -3 0] [ 3 2 -4]

Those are supposed to be two matrices (2x2 and 2x3). I'm supposed to multiply them together...I can do that with 2x2's, but for some reason I can't figure out how to do a 2x2 X 2x3, and the book doesn't actually have an example of it.

Help, please?

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
This is going to be complicated to try to explain in a thread. You'll end up with a 2x3 matrix after multiplying the 2x2 times the 2x3. I was going to try to type it all up, but I think you'd be better off finding a math help site.
MG Free At Last
Row By Column, man. Just multliply the first number in the first row of the first matrix by the first number in the first column of the second matrix, and so on.
Quote by bretws
Im a diesel truck
Last edited by sleepinthefire at Jan 12, 2007,
Hm. This is true, now that I think of it (the complexity of the explanation, at least).
Well, at least now that I know it's going to be a 2x3 I can possibly figure it out.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
from matrix A, take the -2 and multiply it by -1 in matrix B and take the 3 from matrix A and multiply it by 3 from matrix B. this is your first number for matrix C.

[ -2 3] [ -1 0 3]
[ -3 0] [ 3 2 -4]

[11 _ _]
[_ _ _]

then do the same thing with -2 and 3 to 0, 2 and 3,4. repeat the same steps but replace -2 and 3 with -3 and 0.

hope that helped.
[a11 a12]*[b11 b12 b13] =
[a21 a22] [b21 b22 b23]

[a11*b11+a12*b21 a11*b12+a12*b22 a11*b13+a12*b23]
[a21*b11+a22*b21 a21*b12+a22*b22 a21*b13+a22*b23]

Does that make sense?
MG Free At Last
Jesus. I'm used to the metal forum, where everybody is a deuche...but you guys have most definitely helped me out here. I got the problem now, thanks you guys.