you can do anything with a floyd that you can do with any other bridge. Tuning a floyd, no matter what tuning, is the pain in the ass, but once you've got it tuned how you like, you're laughin
dwell not over dying, for it shall be the last thing you ever do.
*fur555dnm666*
if you want to go from drop D back to standard E, you could just take off the neck clamp thing on the E and A strings. They may go a little out of tune, or they may not. Some tuners hold the strings tight and some tend to slip, even if they're on the same guitar and are the same model and brand.
Yeah, you just need to level out the bridge. Once that is done, its all good.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Yes you can, but in order to get back to E standard you gotta retune the whole thing and tighten the springs at the back. You cant just simply unlock the E A clamp and tune it to E, it would knock the other strings out of tune.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Yes you can, but in order to get back to E standard you gotta retune the whole thing and tighten the springs at the back. You cant just simply unlock the E A clamp and tune it to E, it would knock the other strings out of tune.

Yeah, but if you took off the clamp and re-tuned the E and A, wouldn't you be able to go from standard to dropped tuning (drop d) still? I only owned a floyd for a couple of months (it was a borrow) so i don't know all too much about it, but logic seems correct.
Sry, doesnt work that way.

Even logically, the slightest increase of the tension of the strings would mean the decrease of tension of the springs.

Tension of strings increase = tension of springs decrease = bridge will be lifted up more than its norm = out of whack = tuning is horrible

Even with the fine tuners, you wont be able to get perfect pitch with perfect bridge parallel aligned with the body.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
yeah, i saw in this months magazine of guitar world, that the one dude from slipknot had his guitar like that, so i figured it should be ok, but now that i think about it ^, it doesn't sound very good
This might come in handy for you:

http://www.gtrheaven.com/accessories/evh.htm
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
yeh just unlock the locking nut tune it to drop d and adjust the spring tensionso that its in drop d and the trem's in balance(might take a while) then lock the nut n yeh, hey presto
gear:
Gibson Sg special faded
esp/ltd v-250
some dodgy russian acoustic (accord or something)
marshall valvestate 8080 w/foot switch
marshall mg 10cd
boss ds-2
behringer eq700
morley bad horsie 2
It doesn't realy matter what you're guitar is tuned to with a Floyd as long as it's balanced, it's the changing tunings that causes problems. If you want it in Drop D stick it in drop D, level the bridge and it'll be fine.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com