Im still getting buzzing from my sheilded strat with all stock parts and a ts-9 tubescreamer. Im playing by a tv and a comp, which im pretty sure is causing the problem. Do other types of screens like flat screens make any difference?
Sorry if im making a big deal out of this. This is the only place i can play though, and i want to play in peace.
thanks
My screen and tower both cause buzzing for me.

Just turn everything off when you really need that peace.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
I believe you are talking about EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference). All electronics produce EMI, some produce grater amounts then others. I believe that LCD screens don’t produce that much, but CRTs and Flat screens do… I hope this helps.

A way you can test the amount of EMI is coming out is by simply taking a magnate off of your fridge and moving it across the screen, if you see the screen temporarily change colors around the magnate then it is producing a lot of EMI.
but thats generally bad for the monitor, you may end up with some parts of the screen with stuck bad color. bad idea. Just push your guitar closer to the screen and see if the noise increases. if it does, turn it off.

alternatively just play unplugged, hey, its only practice, right?
Getting some better cables too could help if your cables arn't very good - when I was using cheap cables I got a lot of buzz whenever a wire moved anywhere near anything electronic.
The best way is to get noiseless pickups for ur strat

In the mean time use 2 and 4 pickup combination for less hiss/noise. Roll off the volume when you're not playing or pausing to see the monitor.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
The best way is to get noiseless pickups for ur strat

In the mean time use 2 and 4 pickup combination for less hiss/noise. Roll off the volume when you're not playing or pausing to see the monitor.

Good call - hum cancelling positions will help, but you get so much interference from a display that you can't eliminate the hum completely, even humbuckers will buzz in front of a tv.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com