I cannot find traynor amps at any local guitar store tho i have played one and am amazed with the sound. To all owners... I cannot decide between a Traynor YCV40 or YCV80. Obviously the YCV80 (210) is louder but i want an amp that i can play fairly quietly without sounding too muddy but still has some kick to it. putting aside the money issue is an 80 too lud to play indoors?
why not the YCV50Blue? It has a master volume to get the tube tone at lower levels.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Get the blue. I have one and love it. Everyone I've seen review them says they blow the 40 and 80 outa the water.

Plus they are so versatile. It can give you an almost identical JMC800 crunch while still having decent cleans to go with it.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
I'm guessing the 40 is the better option, 40 watts should still be pretty loud.

which traynor did you try, by the way?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
dunno if this thread is finished or whatever, but I have a YCV50BLUE, it's quite sweet in my opinion, I ordered mine from musician's friend actually, I got a great deal, it's usually a sale price of like $745 or something, I found it on music123.com for like $100 cheaper or so and I got a 10% off coupon in the mail so I ended up getting it for around $610 or something, quite the deal I'd like to think
My Gear:

Epiphone LP-100
Alvarez acoustic

Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Marshall MG30DFX

Digitech DF-7
Crybaby Original
yeah i got the blue to. I Dig i have played them side by side i went for the blue it's darker casn go heavier, darn good deal to wicked tone for that price.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Special ll
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Cort Action Bass
Ovation Celebrity Deluxe
Line 6 Spider ll
Traynor YCV50 Blue
^
^

You think you got a deal? I got my YCV50Blue for 365! I can't wait until it arrives
The two Traynors that get the best ratings for tone are the YCV50 blue and the YCV20. If 20w doesn't cut it for you the Blue is the right call.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I got the Traynor YCV40 its pretty sweet. It breaks up on clean at about 6 on the volume. When I play in my bedroom I have it on like 4 with a OD pedal.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Quote by Nocomment
Definitely the YCV50 for one simple reason. It has a master volume.

?

any of the ones I've tried (20 and 40) also had an MV.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dude definately the Blue, I have one and i absolutely love it. Not only is the distorsion channel beautiful, but the cleans are sparkling! It's just a great amp.