eho says he greases his fingers? i'm pretty sure he just plays normal..
Member of the Morley PWB Owners Club. PM mountaindew88 to join.
I saw it on the bonus DVD I got with my "A Matter of Life and Death" album, but it just showed him rubbing his hands together and they said he'd greased them, never said what it was.
It was vaseline... So he could play his "bass" faster.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by CoolDudeMorgasm
It was vaseline... So he could play his "bass" faster.

Because everyone knows that Steve Harris has actually been playing a guitar this whole time.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
Because everyone knows that Steve Harris has actually been playing a guitar this whole time.

haha that made me laugh like hell.
Quote by hatebreed219

Anyway, i heard it was like chicken fat or something, or am i confusing him with pastorius?
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
i thought it was just vegetable oil?
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
Quote by indie-bassist

Anyway, i heard it was like chicken fat or something, or am i confusing him with pastorius?

Jaco ate KFC then ran onstage.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Jaco ate KFC then ran onstage.

God, please give me the strength to not make any kind of ethnic-related joke
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
God, please give me the strength to not make any kind of ethnic-related joke

Well, actually... Jaco did want to be black a lot, in the later 70's/80's he was doing stuff and even Sharpied himself to look black before one concert.

Yeah.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Well, actually... Jaco did want to be black a lot, in the later 70's/80's he was doing stuff and even Sharpied himself to look black before one concert.

Yeah.

Jaco was the original wigger
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
wats the big deal about steve? seriously? i don't think he greased his fingers ,because that would mess up the tone a bit over time............. but im not sure
-Member of the Bass Militia-

My gear:

Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Austin P-Style Bass
Hondo Strat
Digitech RP 100 artist
Crate Bx-25
Crate Gt-15

Quote by RHCP-baSs fan
wats the big deal about steve? seriously? i don't think he greased his fingers ,because that would mess up the tone a bit over time............. but im not sure

It'd probably leave something on the strings but it wouldn't completely ruin them.
^ Either way I'm sure he could afford a new set, and a tech to put em on every day.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Actually, he DOES put new strings on every day on tour. He likes the really high tension + sound of new strings. Also he sweats pretty profusely and the strings are pretty wrung out by the time a show is done.
haha
Quote by Confused4930
Jaco was the original wigger

He could have been the reverse michael jackson......without the child stuff..........
Bass is my life.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Actually, he DOES put new strings on every day on tour. He likes the really high tension + sound of new strings. Also he sweats pretty profusely and the strings are pretty wrung out by the time a show is done.

Makes sense. Most major bands (at leas thier guitarists) put new strings on every day.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Flea does this as well.

Although he isn't a bassist, I saw a picutre of Zakk Wylde's gear while he's on tour and there was this shelf-like thing that was about 5 feet tall and it pretty much full of guitar strings just for him and the rythym(sp) player.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Yeah, but that's because all 3 players (Flea, Zakk, and the other guy) use GHS strings and GHS strings suck.

Just playing, the GHS guitar strings are pretty usable. Although I don't like the stock GHS strings on ESP/LTD instruments.
haha
I hated my GHS strings, I'll never buy those again. What is Flea thinking using those..those things?
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
I hated my GHS strings, I'll never buy those again. What is Flea thinking using those..those things?

Well, if you get bucketloads of them for free, that's always a plus.
Good call TGM....good call.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
nowadays they sell FingerLube. every time i see that I just have to laugh.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
Quote by LetTheBassPlay
nowadays they sell FingerLube. every time i see that I just have to laugh.

Bass is my life.