Page 1 of 2
Im just wondering if anybody is a fan of this wonderful group, and if you are do you know anything about there new album based on paradise lost???If you dont know who they are and have a Q just ask
i only like Sea of Lies and a couple other songs. didnt like the Damnnation Game album at all. singer throws me off, as well as the overexessive intrumental showcasing.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
oh well thats to bad man because there genious yeah there kinof choir geeks but whats wrong with that look at queen, by the way you should of checked out V and the odyssey its awesome 25 min song
i think ill check out the new album, i heard its a lot darker. Romeos a sick guitarist.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
*punches Night_Lights*

Says the Yngwie fan LOL. But still, you can't deny the awesomeness that is Michael Romeo.

Anyways, I love these guys. Probably my fave band.

The Divine Wings of Tragedy is a masterpiece. So is The Odyssey. Hell, I love all their albums. (haven't heard the first 2 though).

And I'm sure I already made a thread, but it seems to have got closed for some unknown reason. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404639

Also check out my cover of the tapping solo in Sea of Lies:

http://retorzio.dmusic.com/music/
roar
yeah dude there sick but dont forget how solid the drummer is and how good the bass player and singer are either because romeo isnt the whole band hes just a great part of it and i dont even know if great defines it but the whole band is what makes symphony x. Divine wings of tragedy are awesome but i still love "V" the new mythology suite, buy it dude you will love it

http://www.amazon.com/V-Mythology-Suite-Symphony-X/dp/B00004YR6K/sr=8-3/qid=1168588259/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/002-9296151-1588034?ie=UTF8&s=music
^ Yeah, V is cool too.

My second fave Symphony X song is on there. A Fool's Paradise.
roar
The Odyssey is pwns.

They get a pretty boring after a while.

Inferno is a kickass song though.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Symphony X are pretty damn good.

Awakenings is an awesome song, as well as Inferno.

Quote by Slayer224
My second fave Symphony X song is on there. A Fool's Paradise.

The classical-style solo in that song is kick-ass.
Last edited by Horvat at Jan 12, 2007,
Quote by Slayer224
A Fool's Paradise.

Holy shit that song kicks

"whats become of the WOOOOOORLD?!"

Symphony X are pretty much my favourite power metal band at the moment

Russell Allen's vocals on The Accolade > everything

I figured he'd be pretty shit live until I heard On the Edge Of Forever and saw this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k4Sm1PN9cE

Now I want them to get their punk arses over to England poste haste
imo, The Odyssey is the best metal album ever made. I can listen to it 10 times in a row and not get bored.

And The Damnation Game is very very much underrated. Never understood why people didn't check it out, it's very good.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
V and Divine Wings Of Tragedy are my favourite albums off Symphony X

I've had The Odyssey lying around for pretty long time but never really listened to it, maybe I really should soon

I wish I liked or even knew Symphony X three years ago when they came here Finland
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

the odyssey is the greatest 20+ minute song evar
My sig is better than yours
Pure ownage.

/thread
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
They are really good, but hopefully their new album coming out in spring will offer a better sound quality.
Better sound quality?!? Are you sure you are talking about Symphony X? Their quiality is weird.... the guitar sounds extremely clean and digital. The only few songs I know to have kind of crappy recording quality are..well no, only Out of The Ashes.... lol.
im a huge fan of the newest album, but I can't say i care too much for their old albums.

I met them all and got them to sign the cover. Good times

Its all about Inferno and Accolade II for me
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
I love everything except I haven't heard anything off the first album except for Masquerade and I can't say I'm impressed with Rod Tylers vocals AT ALL. However, I love Russell Allen, not so much on The Damnation Game since he just joined there, but in V and The Odyssey. So far, I only own The Divine Wings of Tragedy though.
I've found Jesus
Quote by unfathomable_bo

I figured he'd be pretty shit live until I heard On the Edge Of Forever and saw this vid

+1 to that.
roar
I tried listening to them once but the vocals were so cheesy I had to turn it off.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I. Love. Symphony. X

They're great, even my parents like them.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by pumpkins_rule
I tried listening to them once but the vocals were so cheesy I had to turn it off.

Symphony X are the only power metal related band that I don't think have cheesy vocals. Not even close to anything like Rhapsody. Listen to the vocal solo in Wicked.
I've found Jesus
^ hellyeah! the singer sounds like he could sing r&b to me,really turns me off
JOHN has his HANonmyCOCK
Russell Allen is incredible, he has a great non-anoying voice and I saw him live and couldn't believe my ears. Simply amazing.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Quote by neGatory
^ hellyeah! the singer sounds like he could sing r&b to me,really turns me off

You suck extreme amounts of ****.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
You suck extreme amounts of ****.
he does man! i mean he has two sides to his voice,the more aggressive one and the other r&b,other than that Symphony X kills
JOHN has his HANonmyCOCK
Quote by neGatory
he does man! i mean he has two sides to his voice,the more aggressive one and the other r&b,other than that Symphony X kills

kills.... that's what I'd like to do with you.

But really, where exactly does he sound "r&b"?
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
kills.... that's what I'd like to do with you.

But really, where exactly does he sound "r&b"?

2:44 Inferno :29 seconds Wicked 3:55 The Odyssey.that's the voice im talking about,more noticable in Odyssey
JOHN has his HANonmyCOCK
Quote by kirkisking
The Odyssey is pwns.

They get a pretty boring after a while.

Inferno is a kickass song though.

pwns??
Quote by unfathomable_bo

yeah there live double disc is sick man
Quote by chemicalsolutio
You can't get better sound quality than The Odyssey

agreed now i know this is off subject but dimmu's puritanical is killer sound quality as well but thats a way diffrent style of metal so for symphony X you just cant beat it
Quote by SaTaNsSuN36
agreed now i know this is off subject but dimmu's puritanical is killer sound quality as well but thats a way diffrent style of metal so for symphony X you just cant beat it

I happen to agree with you here, but next time either edit, or just post everything you want to say in 1 post initially.
I've found Jesus
Quote by KurrptSenate
im a huge fan of the newest album, but I can't say i care too much for their old albums.

I met them all and got them to sign the cover. Good times

Its all about Inferno and Accolade II for me

how have you heard there new album and how can you not like them but you must of had to go see them to meat them?? and why would you get your signatures if you dont like them, theres people out there there are amazing to me and i probably wouldnt get there autographs because they dont like it and whats the point unless its a guitar god and still i guess i just havent ever been a signature guy, there was this time i was partying with this band corruption from denver and i used to be a fan of them along time before this and they broke up then came back together and recorded a sick album and my buddy asked for his autograph and he said hey man no ones ever got my autograph so i decided to show the dude respect for his amazing talent and get a signature but if it asnt for my buddy asking it wouldnt have even crossedmy mind, so back to symphony x why would you get there autograpgh if you dont like them?and show me where to hear the new cd.if you can
Quote by SaTaNsSuN36
how have you heard there new album and how can you not like them but you must of had to go see them to meat them?? and why would you get your signatures if you dont like them, theres people out there there are amazing to me and i probably wouldnt get there autographs because they dont like it and whats the point unless its a guitar god and still i guess i just havent ever been a signature guy, there was this time i was partying with this band corruption from denver and i used to be a fan of them along time before this and they broke up then came back together and recorded a sick album and my buddy asked for his autograph and he said hey man no ones ever got my autograph so i decided to show the dude respect for his amazing talent and get a signature but if it asnt for my buddy asking it wouldnt have even crossedmy mind, so back to symphony x why would you get there autograpgh if you dont like them?and show me where to hear the new cd.if you can

Lol, dude. Periods are your friend.
I've found Jesus
oh wait your a huge fan of there new album so nevermind that part and go buy V youll like it and if you like that check out some other stuff i really think you would like it. i have a fetish for good recording but when you got a band like them its not as big of a deal
Page 1 of 2