Yea...i've been tyring to write a song for my girlfriend Ema but i can never seem to find words that go with eachother to make a song actually listenable...Sometimes i feel that i need a beat to write/think of a song.

I find that when i walk to school, i'll be listening to Lil Jon or The Beatles or even Justin Timberlake (Flame away >.> for my mix in music >.> i get all kinds of lyrics in my head, i'll start singing them in my head, but then i sing them out loud to myself, they just sound shitty.

Or i get some lyrics and they'll actually sound GOOD. But they don't sound good out loud. Is this normal....or am i just going crazy? But when i actually sit down and think of lyrics, i'll get words and phrases but they never can co-exist because they sound horrible together.

I'll be in class and all of a sudden i'll get words that sound awsome...i write them down, sing to myself sound horrible >.>.....

What can i actually do? I really like the "Beats" Lil Jon makes, i like the voice of Justin Timberlake and i like the feeling i get when i listen to The Beatles (Mainly "Help!")

I find the most insperation iget is listneing to music..but at the same time i find it a wee bit hard to conentrate....

Could anyone give me any tips and/or help/

PS - sorry for typo's..its 3am here...and i havent slept in 3 days...im setting a world record ^_^

PSS - sorry if this is in the wrong forum...my first time here (WOWIE alot of members, FYI - i am 17 :3)
Last edited by stiky at Jan 12, 2007,
I'm not extremely experienced in this either but I find that a lot of songs' lyrics sound stupid if you just say them aloud. Once you hear the music that goes with them, it sounds better, and much more... legit, I guess? Try this with a song you haven't heard before, maybe I'm wrong.
umm theres a book called the ryhming dictonairy... all u need is to make the words ryhme.. dont worry about being straight to the point... be figurtive.. make sure the last word is most sentences is easy to ryhme with.. then on ur next sentence simplly spend 2 minutes thinking of a good sentence... trust me, i myself am a song writer.. not to brag, or anything... but esspecially if its for ur girl friend.. u gatta make sure it uses figurtive language... dunt be TOO to the point....good luck
Soon.... I Will be The Next Hendrix!!
The Jesus Of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartbreaker to join!