I don't know about you guys but i am sick to death of reading reviews for equipment and it always recieving a high score fairt enough some are deserving but others are plain wrong. although some times one only needs only to read the equipment that these players are using i mean, zoom effects tohugh no name brand 15 watt combos and don't let me get started on the solid state vs tube disccusion but i spose that is a different topic all together
That's why you ask members on UG for reviews and you actually TRY out the amps before you buy them.

People's perceptions on their newly purchased (and highly expensive) item will essentially give out better scores because they want to make them feel that they made the right purchase.

Maybe they did! Which is great, but for people who own spiders and marshall mg's (just follwoing the UG stereotype!) Once their ears develop, they're going to detest their amps and start complaining...most likely AFTER they made their review.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Last edited by Jinskee at Jan 12, 2007,
Isn't a lot of it on taste aswell? I mean, I have a shitty 12W Peavey amp, and if I made a review on it, people would pass it off as complete crap because of the 12W. It's awesome, too.

And also, it seems like most people here hate Spider amps. I love them. It's opinion, not fact. You can't just say it's ghey and tell everyone else not to buy it, like, if a Missy Higgins fan told a Prostitute Disfigurement fan that Cannibal Corpse were the worst band in the world, it's their opinion, and Cannibal Corpse is probably going to appeal to the Prostitute Disfigurement fan.

--Masochist Lust
Quote by FunKRawK
no, really?

Ya, rly.

What were you expecting? Us to comfort your loss?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
It saddens you that people have varying opinions and experiencesz0rz?
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last edited by JamieB at Jan 12, 2007,
Quote by Masochist_Lust
Isn't a lot of it on taste aswell? I mean, I have a shitty 12W Peavey amp, and if I made a review on it, people would pass it off as complete crap because of the 12W. It's awesome, too.

And also, it seems like most people here hate Spider amps. I love them. It's opinion, not fact. You can't just say it's ghey and tell everyone else not to buy it, like, if a Missy Higgins fan told a Prostitute Disfigurement fan that Cannibal Corpse were the worst band in the world, it's their opinion, and Cannibal Corpse is probably going to appeal to the Prostitute Disfigurement fan.

--Masochist Lust

I agree, it is all about your taste in tone.

Ex. I could like Marshall and you can like Mesa. I like the crunch and you like the metal thrash.

Really, in all honesty, spiders aren't AS bad as people on UG say they are. I've played them several times and they're okay practice amps.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
i don't like the quality of the reviews man, there about as quality as most of the gear thery're talking aoubt
and its not the size i'd care about i mean i'd love a blues junior and they're tiny
Quote by FunKRawK
i don't like the quality of the reviews man, there about as quality as most of the gear thery're talking aoubt

Well, you do have to remember that opposing amp brands/biast people may give an under/over rated score than it should.

I suggest going to www.harmony-central.com

That site is a bit more reliable than others.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
IMO, things are reviewed goin on how much they cost
And the features you get that are really unexpected
like, a 5 grand gibson would arte really high
but then again, a cheaper Epiphone could get a pretty high mark too because it still sounds fine for the price that was payed, would be a great guitar for a beginner, plays well, looks good, and is overall more than half a decent guitar.
I kno my ESP LTD F-50 has not got anything on my Charvel but i still think it is a good guitar and i still love playing it. Most likely because it was my first electreic guitar and it was so cheap. I got it at a bargain price.

And some people just might no have played a 6 thousand dollar guitar before and think that their 600 dollar guitar is one of the best that they have ever played
Many reasons
Many people
Many opinions
So who knows?
Gooby Pls.
Quote by JamieB
It saddens you that people have varying opinions and experiencesz0rz?

Am I right? or have you failed already and not taken it out of your sig?
1. Learn English.
2. Quit listening to people and start listening to the guitar.
I agree somewhat. I dislike how a Squier strat could get a 9.8 rating and then later a Standard Fender Strat would receive the same rating or lower. How is that possible? The Fender Standard Strat is a much better quality guitar, in almost every aspect. A lot of it is down to opinion, but there are still obvious facts to consider.

If everything was down to opinion, all guitars would cost the same amount.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Jan 12, 2007,
Quote by Smokey Amp
I agree somewhat. I dislike how a Squier strat could get a 9.8 rating and then later a Standard Fender Strat would receive the rating. How is that possible? The Fender Standard Strat is a much better quality guitar, in almost every aspect. A lot of it is down to opinion, but there are still obvious facts to consider.

If everything was down to opinion, all guitars would cost the same amount.

I beleive that's what he's talking about. With the cost variable it's easy for a $95 Squire to get a higher rating than a $2,395 American Standard Stratocaster. I think it's rediculous that cost is factored into the rating. If your thinking of buying a guitar, you know what your planning on spending anyway.

And if that's not what the threadstarter's talking about, I don't have a clue what to tell you. 0_o
Quote by stringmagician
Am I right? or have you failed already and not taken it out of your sig?

I don't know what you're talking aboutz0rz.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Well, you could always run into idiotic people who give gear rediculous scores.

such as...

___

You are reviewing a Gibson Les Paul...

Sound: LOL 0/10
Reliability: LOL 0/10
Overall: .5/10 juz kuz I feel nice, LOL!

You see those occasionally.^

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
Ya, rly.

What were you expecting? Us to comfort your loss?

Your a champ!
hahahaha
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Yup, never buy something that you haven't already tried first hand. I have heard some real Internet Purchase horror stories
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
Your a champ!
hahahaha

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R