10+ years
10 6%
Voters: 173.
Page 1 of 2
9 months=1 to 2
Three and a half=3-4
Five and two months=5-6
Fifteen years=10+
almost 10 years in guitar(14 of march i'll be 20, i started when i was ten so), and about 4 years of piano, could also be six. but I voted only for guitar, misinterpreted you
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
2-3 Years.

Honestly, I just only started playing seriously only a couple months ago.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
am i really the only one playing for so long? come on where are all the (other) old farts?

you know back in my time the musicians where at least playing for a decent time. but nowadays all those little brats only play for 3 weeks and already call themselves misucians and *coughcough*back in my time that was still the correct way to spell musiacin adn.. ..
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Jan 12, 2007,
Guitar - 2 1/2 years....and learned everything off UG.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by FretboardToAsh
am i really the only one playing for so long? come on where are all the (other) old farts?

Heh. Well, I generally consider my start in 1974 when my new college roommate
arrived with his Strat. But I did have a crappy acoustic before that, so maybe
more like 1970.
hooooorraay, finally. truth is i'm only nineteen you must be at least in your fourty's, correct?
UG's Flamenco Club
started to play 2 1/2 years ago but didnt get my own guitar for 1/2 year later.

EDIT: wtf, where is the 2-3 years. well then i vote 1-2.

And to FretboardToAsh: how is your amp, is it good. couse i just orderd a Fender FM65R and havent got it yet. wasnt quite sure if i should get a FM65R or a FM210R couse they cost the same. And i can see that you have the FM212R so i guese you have a clue.

EDIT2: sorry, all wrong here. Been playing for 2 and owned a guitar for 1,5.
but then i voted correctly.
Last edited by psychotim at Jan 16, 2007,
Quote by psychotim
started to play 2 1/2 years ago but didnt get my own guitar for 1/2 year later.

EDIT: wtf, where is the 2-3 years. well then i vote 1-2.

And to FretboardToAsh: how is your amp, is it good. couse i just orderd a Fender FM65R and havent got it yet. wasnt quite sure if i should get a FM65R or a FM210R couse they cost the same. And i can see that you have the FM212R so i guese you have a clue.

it's fun and pretty decent for practice, never tried it at gigs though. and i doubt i will, the volume pots suck, 1 means decent, 2 is way too loud you have to be very precise with it.
i like it's sound though but if you turn it past 3 it'll go into overdrive, not good. however i suspect 3 would be about 8 cause the pots are ****ed up, you won't need to turn it to 3 if you do small gigs and practice.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by FretboardToAsh
This old fart started playing immediately after receiving a cheap guitar for Christmas in 1963. The bond was solidified forever after seeing the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show in 1964. I feel sorry for you young turks who missed all of that.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
12 years, i still love it, though like any good loving relationship we have our problems.
oh well, three more months guys and i'll be in the 10+ section, man i feel old and i'm only 20
UG's Flamenco Club
three years basically
Keepa Cooli Baby at the shrine

PM HeartBreaker To Join Zeppelinism

Steey Dan Founding father

Bodhisattva wont you take me by the Hand?

Pm Caseguitar To Join the Steely Dan Club

Fender Armada #2 member Pm Arlabester to join
7 years..im 17 now,started when i was 10.

Smoke on the water seemed like a crazy hard song back then.time really flies..
I don't mean what I write in my posts.So don't argue back on it,and don't check me..Because,though I don't mean them,they are the only way I can increase my post count.
At the end of March I would have been playing for 2 years
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

ive been playing saxophone for 8 years(started when i was 6) and guitar for 10 months, but i would probably consider myself better at guitar, My practice regime is literally as soon as i can until as late as i can!
I started playing guitar in 1987. I took about 7-8 years off and just started up about 4 months ago.
Quote by edg
Haha. Yeah, fourties. But only for 8 more days! Yikes!

Wow, thats impressive. You could have kids that are playing for many years as well. Btw, do you have any kids, and if so, do they play at all?
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
This old fart started playing in '71 when I was 13 years old.

Like Edg I am approaching the edge... that is, 50 years old.

OT I have been working on some guitar software for awhile, temporary web site here if you are interested: http://www.hypertab.com
2 years. Lucky for me though I have a couple more years of High School to spend practicing before I have to take life seriously.
Quote by guitarviz
This old fart started playing in '71 when I was 13 years old.

Like Edg I am approaching the edge... that is, 50 years old.

OT I have been working on some guitar software for awhile, temporary web site here if you are interested: http://www.hypertab.com
I turn 54 in February (the 16th to be exact, in case you guys want to get together and buy me a new guitar or something ). Am I the oldest fart in this forum?
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Quote by gpb0216
I turn 54 in February (the 16th to be exact, in case you guys want to get together and buy me a new guitar or something ). Am I the oldest fart in this forum?

most likely, and probably the most experienced

i've been playing for about 3 years now, and i have much to learn, but i'm happy to say that i'm making steady progress
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
I've been playing about 5 years.. The first couple years I played nothing but tabs and was a crazy n00b. But then I got some books and decided to really play. Getting a teacher really helped also. I've also played piano for about 7 years or so.. something like that
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin

Pm me and I'll give you a link to God's forum! It still needs mods

62% of teens smoke pot, put this in your profile if you like lesbians

Let's see...

Piano- In two months, 8 years.
Keyboard- 6 years.
Acoustic Guitar- 3 years.
Clarinet- 2 years.
Percussion (Band)- 1 year.*
Drums- 1 year.*
Electric Guitar- Half a year. =(
Bass Guitar- A few weeks.*

*Know how to play, but don't own. =\

Wow. And I'm only 12, 13 in two months.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
2 on guitar, played 4 on piano, played 4 on violin, and 2 on drums
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
About 3 months. Enjoying it alot. Can play quite a few Metallica and metal riffs, finding it hard to get into lead though. Just ordered a new guitar, cant wait!
ive been playing for 1 year and 2 weeks. wasted my first year cuz i got an acoustic. i just learned 3 scales and basic chords. ive been working real hard since xmas. now i can play unholy confessions (a7x)and the latest plague (from first to last) and i learned all majors, minors, and some chromatic scales.
Guitar since May 2004, so about 2 and 2/3 years. I've been doing mostly classical since April though.

Double Bass since September 2004 and Mallet Percussion since 2002.

I need to start playing more frequently, but finding the time to is hard between school work, part time jobs, homework, and that inkling desire to sleep.
Page 1 of 2