Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
It was funny, but I was not in tears like people said I would be.

Funny? Yes. Gutsy? I don't think I could find someone gutsier. Funniest man of all time? I doubt it.
I'm going to see it today=D Anyone seen it?
Fun? Meh or boring?
Geeze, how many more threads are you doing today?
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
It has its funny parts. It has its gross parts. Hes pretty funny, but not funniest man ever

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
hope you realize hes not an actual person. hes a character by the comedic genius sacha baron cohen. If you havent seen his ali g show you have to.
he's funny, but not the funniest
gear:
Gibson Sg special faded
esp/ltd v-250
some dodgy russian acoustic (accord or something)
marshall valvestate 8080 w/foot switch
marshall mg 10cd
boss ds-2
behringer eq700
morley bad horsie 2
Quote by DJaye
Geeze, how many more threads are you doing today?

How many threads are you spamming today?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I saw a commercial for it..

"Borat : We laugh when we hear, ehh, teh Bush because bush is ehh the hair on the area of ehhh testicles."

That didn't make me laugh at all. It sounds like a joke an 11 year old kid would make. I haven't seen the movie though.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
I have seen the film and it was amazingly funny. Possibly the funniest film I saw last year.
I saw it, it was funny but a bit stupid and the humour was more potty humour than smart. The only bit i lol'd in was when he comes in kiss's the chick then says its his sister.
I've seen the film and I have "Ali G in the USAiii"
Great movie, made me laugh uncontrolably, but the wrestling scene was kinda... >.<
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by Feel bad inc.
I saw it, it was funny but a bit stupid and the humour was more potty humour than smart. The only bit i lol'd in was when he comes in kiss's the chick then says its his sister.

I can see why some people may feel this way, but a lot of people miss the real point of the film. Sacha's aim is to expose average americans for what they really are. He disarms them by playing a strange, seemingly uncultured man, from a country that most americans have never heard of, let alone know where it is. This allows them to speak their mind. The humour, for me, comes from the insight into the tiny, bigoted minds of the people he meets along the way. It's not just about toilet jokes. You need to look beyond that.
Quote by add45
I've seen the film and I have "Ali G in the USAiii"
Great movie, made me laugh uncontrolably, but the wrestling scene was kinda... >.<

Yeah that wrestling scene was kinda unsettling, I laughed so hard I starting coughing up my pepsi !

Way too much graphic footage !
Fender Stratocaster x 2
Ibanez JS1000BTB
Zakk Wylde Les Paul
Epiphone Flying V
'Texas' Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore Jazz
Fender strat copies x 3
Aria Pro II
Classical guitars x 2
Aria steel string acoustic

Marshall, Crate, Fender amps
Quote by C_Turton
I can see why some people may feel this way, but a lot of people miss the real point of the film. Sacha's aim is to expose average americans for what they really are. He disarms them by playing a strange, seemingly uncultured man, from a country that most americans have never heard of, let alone know where it is. This allows them to speak their mind. The humour, for me, comes from the insight into the tiny, bigoted minds of the people he meets along the way. It's not just about toilet jokes. You need to look beyond that.

Yes i can accept that i found it funny but really some of the stuff just took it a bit to far, eg. wrestling with the fat guy. Anyway the fact of the matter that he had to put potty humour in to get his real humour across so it would sell is a bad reflection on society.
^ Yeah, that may be so. But I still think it's a great film. There aren't enough films like Borat that just make you cringe. I think it's hilarious that they got some of that stuff past the censors.
My girlfriend and I saw it, she whimpered and closed her eyes...

But we had sex later so it was ok lol.

Kidding.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Quote by kaptink
It was funny but not hilarious. The original TV spots were better.

Yup. The ones that aired on BBC before that show became really famous, were a lot funnier.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by pervertedpoodle
i think so

Well, first, Borat isn't funny, Sacha Baron Cohen is funny, there would be no Borat without him.

And I really want to see the movie, and I know he's funny, but funniest ever? Meh.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Am i the only person that doesn't find Borat contagiously funny?
Everyhwere i go, its "oh, Borat this" and "Borat that".

Im just like, meh.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Quote by Demonbreed

Im just like, meh.
Oh man.
I remember when Borat and Ali G and such were new and almost unheard of globally.
Like... they'd never been aired here in Australia (and not in America for some years later as well, I believe) and so we had to hire the videos. And they were FANTASTIC! No one knew about them, and when some people did, it was fun quoting stuff and talking like Ali G doing the finger snapping and everything. (eg. *SNAP* Booyakasha!)

Now EVERYONE knows Cohen (or rather... they "know" Borat and believe he's an actual person rather than a character). Everyone's always talking like him and quoting him...

Aah I miss the days you could talk and act like Borat or Ali G and still be funny.

Definately the downside of Cohen going so international.

EDIT: The main problem is that he can't really use those characters anymore now.
Cohen got to a point where he couldn't fool people in the UK with Ali G anymore, so he brought him back to life in the USA.
Now he can't do that anymore... not with Ali G, not with Borat... so he's left with the lame, extremely limited character of Bruno. (and unfortunately... a Bruno Movie is being made, so I hear.)

Such a shame... it was fantastic while it lasted though.
I didn't have a signature until now.
Last edited by Scourge at Jan 12, 2007,
He's a very clever, funny and brave guy. But I wouldn't say he's the funniest man of all time, that would have to go to Bill Hicks in my book.
Quote by Demonbreed

Im just like, meh.

+1
pervertedpoodle - stlealing avatars isn't nice - slashnmash wouldn't be proud
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
Quote by C_Turton

I agree with you, like the part the texan guy says that America is trying to kill the gay people, or like Throw the Jew Down the Well sketch from the show.
I saw it, and I didn't like it. I expected so much more from all the hype around it, but it hardly made me smile.

"Wrongfully Accused", "Talladega Nights" and "Austin Powers 2" were much funnier
I love how the fat guy was speaking armenian even though it's not an official language of kazakhstan.

And yes, it was a good movie. Though I wasn't too fond of the naked scene.
Quote by merkalos666
I laughed when he was all like "What up, Vanilla Face?"

THAT PART MADE ME ROFL!
Page 1 of 2